right leg during the back swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

Yes. Preset the ankle and knee joints of the rear leg so that the rotational RoM of both joints are being achieved at setup.
No chance of swaying both with knees as well as hips.

Cheers

Keep the right knee "fixed". I've got a Pivot Pro, and I've used sway sticks, chairs, door stops, etc. But this one check is all you really need. One of Hogan's top visual checks for assessing someone's swing.

Last edited:
Does anybody know and tricks to keeping the right leg firm during the backswing? Having trouble with mine going out and back.

I've always thought it was helpful to think of "twisting" your torso instead of turning your torso. Seems to be easier to get the right combo of turn/tilt and also seems to link up your hips and shoulders so that there is right amount of separation. All of this correct stuff going on above the right leg gives it the best ability to provide the base. Kind of reverse thinking but it works for me.

Dariusz J.

Is there any literature on what you are recommending?

Not that I am aware of. This is just a result of my studies on kinetics supported on making tests on myself and my son. Observed in post-secret Hogan's action -- very tough to see but when you know where to look it is very clear. Details are on my site -- PM me if interested for a link.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.