Right shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bono

New
quote:Originally posted by hue

Bono: Are you the Patrick AKA Phillygolf on a couple of other websites?

Yes.

The name was an inside joke with another golfer. If I could change it, I would. To be honest, hadnt really planned on posting but of course, fingers typed away.

-Patrick

Interesting Brian has more than onced advocated fixing the clubface first then the path.

Logic says if you fixed the clubface you would end up with a straight ball flight, left, right or straight depending upon the remain path.

Coventional Golf Wisdom (CGW and I am not saying this absoulte or correct) is to address the path. What isn't clear are they adjusting the path to create a straight ball flight, left, right or straight, or a ball flight that starts off straight or a swing that is on plane.

My limited experience has shown most instructors, no matter what they advocate make adjustments which affect both.

Clubface alignment though it should be simple, Flat Leading Wrist, seems to have a mental factor that cause interplay with the path. This is also true for Clubpath adjustments.

Seems to me, imho, that
a. Flat Leading Wrist
followed by
b. Straight Plane Line
in either order so long as the student understands what is being done and the results of focusing on one before the other would be effective. Key to either is the student understanding so as not to have the mental override kick in cause of a visual input or mechanical feel that tells the golfer the club is out of whack.

I opt for 'a' first followed by 'b', even though 'b' is something the student can leave the practice range with and have simple checkpoints. 'B' is simplier based on previous posts on topics of wrist alignment, but in person 'A' should be doable.

Heck either one, if the results are a straight ball flight can be lived with since there would be high degree of predictability, in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.