Rover Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I wanted to drop a note about the great experience I had with Rover Golf. They can be found at:

http://www.rovergolf.com/

I purchased the Power Angle Pro and really like it but didn't get around to ordering their package. I get busy with work (gotta make some money every now and then) and finally realized it was a month or more from the time I ordered but I still wanted to pick up the other two clubs (especially the pure swing).

Long story short, I emailed and Mr. Rohan-Weaver set me up without a problem. Super nice folks and the other two clubs arrived just yesterday.

Just wanted to spread the word.

Not a rep of the company but a super satisfied customer.

Kevin

I second your praise, Kevin. My Dad picked up a Pure Swing from John at the Orlando Golf Merchandise Show, and when I went to visit him, I stole it from him...I think it's great. After watching the accompanying video I am intrigued by the other 2 products as well, especially the Power Angle Pro. Let me know how you like them, as I am considering picking them up as well. John is a GSEB, and it is obvious in the video that he understands the golf swing and knows what he is talking about.

Huestisc,

Will let you know. I do have the PowerAngle Pro and like it a bunch. I think it would be better if it had a club extension to the ground but it lets you feel the positions. I especially like the feel for transition. I haven't worked with the other club yet (has the ball that slides) but will let you know after I give it a go. Very well made products for sure and very TGM oriented (which is what I want). Glad to see Brian will feature them, after all this is one of the places where I heard about them first.

quote:Originally posted by huestisc

I second your praise, Kevin. My Dad picked up a Pure Swing from John at the Orlando Golf Merchandise Show, and when I went to visit him, I stole it from him...I think it's great. After watching the accompanying video I am intrigued by the other 2 products as well, especially the Power Angle Pro. Let me know how you like them, as I am considering picking them up as well. John is a GSEB, and it is obvious in the video that he understands the golf swing and knows what he is talking about.
maybe i was the one who sold it to your dad;)

H:

What is so good about the pure swing? The website doesn't really disclose too much info on the product.

Jim

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
I believe you guys about your experiences with Rover golf and love the products, but I am still waiting on some clubs for students? John if you read this can you check up again on my stuff.

quote:Originally posted by echoes77

H:

What is so good about the pure swing? The website doesn't really disclose too much info on the product.

Jim

Echoes

Give John a call. He's very nice and will answer your questions on how his products will benefit your swing.

John makes excellent training aids. We have been using his Power Angle Pro for two years now in our golf schools with really good results. Many of our students have purchased it and I hear very good feedback from them about it. I think it is especially useful as an anti-throwaway Transition aid.

Jim Waldron

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by brianman

It (the pure swing) is the only product I use on the tee these days.

Is it that good Brian?
Does it have peripheral benefits?
You don't use the tac-tic?

Can you elaborate on some ways that you 'get' people to do what they need to do by removing the crutch?

Cheers mate

I ordered the Pure Swing and received it in the mail the other day. It is a very helpful aid in working and developing a flat left wrist at impact. The more useful part of the club, in my opinion, is the way it helps you rotate the club through impact. If you flip it or fail to rotate (which is a huge problem for me) the bent bar at the back of club comes off the forearm and tells you right away you broke down in the swing. In pitching and chipping balls in my backyard I have already noticed a difference in my swing and the ball flight. I plan to take it to the range over the weekend for some full swings.

Only problem I have had is in translating my good results long term to my swing with a normal club. I chip the pants off my partners with the PureSwing and keep the feel for about half a round if I warm up with it. Still working on it but love the club and use it almost exclusively now eventhough I have a Tac-Tic. Think I am getting much closer to FLW/BRW now.

Is the Power Release similiar in concept to the Leadbetter Swingsetter? Both of them feature a ball on the shaft. Anyone try both and know if one is better than the other in acheiving the proper release? I know the Swingsetter is supposed to teach other things, but I'm just comparing the teaching of the proper release specifically. Thanks.

Is the Power Release similiar in concept to the Leadbetter Swingsetter? Both of them feature a ball on the shaft. Anyone try both and know if one is better than the other in acheiving the proper release? I know the Swingsetter is supposed to teach other things, but I'm just comparing the teaching of the proper release specifically. Thanks.

OK, guess there aren't many Swing Setter fans here. Going back to the Power Release, does anyone have any feedback on it? Does it do what it's supposed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.