Rumor: Les Miles to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leek

New
From a poster on the OSU forum, "I have it from a decent source that Les Miles is considered a lock for the scUM job next year. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the Parkinson/Carr rumor, but apparently most people at LSU believe that Miles is gone after this season (regardless of outcome), and is heading to TTUN to replace Carr. No idea how much merit there is to this, as it seems a stretch to me, but the LSU guy I talked to says that it is a foregone conclusion to the fans of LSU."

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/rumor-mill/602455-rumor-les-miles-mesheetgan.html#post948595

My understanding is that Bo gave him his coaching start; he played for him as well, and said that he has a lot of love for Michigan. They were talking about this on gameday a few weeks ago. I don't remember word for word, but the gist of it was that he never said no, when asked whether or not he'd be interested if that job opened up.

That would be something else, wouldn't it?

BTW, scUM????

LOLOLOL

He would be a lunatic to leave the situation he has at LSU. Just like Saban before him....Just like Butch Davis at Miami....Just like Petrino at Louisville....Just like Spurrier at Florida....Just like Pitino at Kentucky....and on and on

A lot of the guys you mentioned went to the pros. While hindsight is 20/20, back then it didn't seem like such a bad idea for them; why wouldn't you want to take your shot at the next level?

Besides that, it wouldn't be so out of the ordinary. It has to be an ego boost for a coach to go to a situation where there hasn't been much recent success, only to take the team back to respectability. You see it all the time. Dosen't always work out, but you see it all the time. Besides, LSU's season so far would just about guarantee him a very sweet contract should he decide to go to UofM.

Leek

New
The Team Up North. Die hard college football fans, at least the ones in Ohio, can be a different bunch. They often come up with pretty silly names for rivals or at least teams they don't like. An example - many Michigan fans call Ohio State the Suckeyes. It's a very passionate fan base all over the country for CFB.

You'll see posting for any school with State in the name where the S is replaced with $, sort of to claim they cheat. So you often see FSU (Florida State) as F$U. No doubt you'll see O$U, L$U,U$C, etc..

Last edited:
Went to Michigan

Graduated in the 80's. Only game I missed in 4 years was for an entrance exam to grad school.

Ever hear the one where OSU fans were complaining that Michigan was providing hookers to all the Ohio kids when they came up for their pre-signing visits?

After Woody, it seemed as though Michigan was taking quite a bit of talent (football - not hooker talent!) from the buckeye state.

Leek

New
Wolf- they did that when Woody was there too. Ohio has a lot of kids that are good enough to play D I football. They all can't go to one school. There are a number of Ohio kids playing for SEC teams, PAC 10 teams. There are just a lot of kids playing HS football here.

Wolverines

I don't really follow this stuff much anymore. Talent pool could be the same in Michigan. Unfortunately, I now live in Wisconsin (poor Badgers!).

During today's Michigan vs E. Michigan the announcers said there were 61 guys from Michigan on the Eastern squad many more than on the Michigan team.

Last week they interviewed 3 fathers who played for Michigan but now live in chicago area. All 3 sons played for Northwestern.

Just kind of interesting.

But more importantly, how many of them play golf?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.