Ryder Cup Picks are In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly joking!

I don't see too much value in Cink, nor Johnson. Fowler is a tv pick.

You have 5-6 guys who should have been picked ahead of these guys.

I would add Ryan Moore, Hoffman, and a couple of others.

JB and Bubba would have been a great combination.

Tiger is a must on pretty well any level.

I want to root for the US, but will find it sleep inducing watching Stricker, Furyk, Cink, Z Johnson, Overton, and Kuchar.

Not Johnson? You must be pullin' for the other side. :cool:

I was just surprised about the heavy conspiracy theme considering 10/11 if you know what I mean..... (Which btw, I'm looking forward to hearing about real science for a change....)

You're right about our "sleepers"...

Thats 4 wins more than most of the team combined

And that's 7 more losses than most of the team combined.

A .363 winning percentage blows.

I could see if he was riding a hot streak coming in, although I'd be a bit averse because he more or less has experience as a poor Ryder Cup player. But he doesn't even have that hot winning streak.

IMO, I take youth over poor-to-mediocre Ryder Cup players with experience because youth tends to do well when they are given a shot at playing in the RC. Plus, I think the captains should look a little towards the future. Let's say we take Fowler and he goes 3-0 in Ryder Cup play. Let's say in 2012 he doesn't make the top 8 and finishes around 20th in points, the next captain may want to take him because he's a good Ryder Cup player.

To me, that's what the US needs to dominate the Ryder Cup...find guys that are good in Ryder Cup play so if they don't make the top 8 as long as they are playing decent they should be an easy pick to make for the captain.

Zach has played pretty well the past few months. The problem with the US team statistically is that their putting sucks. The top 8 is pretty much strong in every category, but the putting is easily their weakspot. Zach is one of the few guys available that is a legit pick and putts well...plus, he had a good RC the last one he was in.

I would've preferred either Ryan Moore or Bo Van Pelt over Cink. JB Holmes probably was doomed by the fact that the team already has so many bombers already.

3JACK

Can someone explain to me why the Golf Channel would break the news of the picks before the press conference started yesterday? I don't get it. They were the only ones covering it. It's like telling you who's going to win the Heisman trophy or the Oscar for Best Picture, right before the show starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.