School of golf on TGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAP

New
Wish I had seen that. It gives me hope when I hear something different than the same old same old.

I knew at least as long ago as the 70's that divots needed to go left. Having said that I really have no recollection of whether that was from books, or from experience.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Martin seems like a good guy, a truth seeker and a friend of this forum so I agree that we bang enough on bad info that it's nice to hear something that is correct!

I, for one, think that Martin does a very fine job on his show. Wish it were Brian's show, but Martin's a lot better than most! Just my opinion.
Jimmy

I wonder if he has been ostracized and quarantined from the rest of TGC staff yet.

Props to Martin for leaking some truth about the game, no news to this forum but good information to counter some misinformation nonetheless.

Listening to the guys last nite before the tee off in Dubai made me sick.... "staying in the spine angle", constant rotation through the ball and the description of why the players are talking about swing left... absolutely no mention of hitting down and how swinging left to counteract the amount of down to get a zero path.. Puke puke puke!!!

Burner

New
Listening to the guys last nite before the tee off in Dubai made me sick.... "staying in the spine angle", constant rotation through the ball and the description of why the players are talking about swing left... absolutely no mention of hitting down and how swinging left to counteract the amount of down to get a zero path.. Puke puke puke!!!

Guess they were a little more accurate than you, Goley. The toonamint is being played in Abu Dhabi some 120ks from Dubai.

Guess they were a little more accurate than you, Goley. The toonamint is being played in Abu Dhabi some 120ks from Dubai.
Although to be fair to goley, facing north, you do have to swing down AND left to get there from Dubai!! (a shitticism...sorry!:rolleyes:)
Great tournament, isn't it?

Last edited:
Yeah, the US Tour telecasts are getting really ridiculous. EVERYONE is talking golf swing, and NOBODY knows what the hell they're talking about. They should put a knowledgable guy, like Martin, in the booth, and leave the bulk of the swing analysis to him. Watching the European Tour in Abu Dhabi last night was refreshing. Unlike The Golf Channel crews, they're not analyzing every swing.

Yeah, the US Tour telecasts are getting really ridiculous. EVERYONE is talking golf swing, and NOBODY knows what the hell they're talking about. They should put a knowledgable guy, like Martin, in the booth, and leave the bulk of the swing analysis to him. Watching the European Tour in Abu Dhabi last night was refreshing. Unlike The Golf Channel crews, they're not analyzing every swing.
Must be the best job in the world sitting next to Renton Laidlaw all day, with a glass of claret, a cigar and no stress...

Status
Not open for further replies.