SD Downswing Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMan and Co,

I've been working on the SD toss trying to ingrain better impact into my swing. I think I'm doing the backswing correctly, and seem to have gotten the toss down well. However, when I try to put it together into a full swing, everything goes haywire. The impact is completely not solid and feels nothing like the toss. Poor impact and the club is getting twisted out of my hands. Full arsenal of missed shots from hooks to pushes to shanks (in-out path most likely..probably underplane).

I've tried focusing on the left foot step and counterfall, but need some guidance as to what the hands are supposed to do from the top in the transition. I'm missing something between the top and the impact delivery position.... almost as if I'm reverse tumbling on the way down and totally losing the feel. I keep watching the video over and over but can't find anything.

Gotta say, the toss works, I just can seem to get there from my backswing. Any suggestions? Sorry I don't have video right now.

Thanks!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
What Lindsey said. The best I have ever struck the ball in my life is when I felt like the the club was getting long as early as possible. The funny thing was that on video the swing looked more laggy and compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.