SD Pattern Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so pleased with how SD has given me a swing I can rely on and practice with a purpose. I have recently ran into a "bump". My miss with the irons has become a dead right rocket.(not the hosel variety) Compression is solid but it starts right and stays there. I can't put my finger on the exact problem. Any ideas?

I am so pleased with how SD has given me a swing I can rely on and practice with a purpose. I have recently ran into a "bump". My miss with the irons has become a dead right rocket.(not the hosel variety) Compression is solid but it starts right and stays there. I can't put my finger on the exact problem. Any ideas?

i think i just started that problem also:eek:

When I swing more left...it just pulls dead straight left.

I'm not sure if it's because i have no left forearm rotation. And sometimes i'm even a Mcfatty (hit it fat).

i'll post my video, maybe my take away is too steep?

Brian Manzella

Administrator

Possibly, you are retaining the backswing hip turn too far into the downswing.

Jim or Brian, can you guys answer why it's important to keep the same distance (butt of the club and the belt buckle during the take away.

thanks

That's explained in detail in the SD video.

Yes...it's saying so your club won't be pointing outwards. But are there other reason why we should do that?
I like to know all details, so i would like to know all the reasons possible.

Last edited:
Yes...it's saying so your club won't be pointing outwards. But are there other reason why we should do that?

As Brian explains in the video, it's so you won't get in a position in your backswing (laid-off, over-rotated) that might work for other patterns but that makes the SD downswing tough to do. Get the video and watch it a few times.

dbl

New
No offense, but isn't this like asking "why are amateur golfers inconsistent?" You are not doing something correctly sometimes in regards the clubface, so get more consistent with the clubface.

If you are looking for a particular thing, check your grip (which might have changed),or your wrists position at the end of the backswing (left more bent than usual perhaps), OR monitor your wrist motion during the downswing.

Then stop screwing up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.