Shift/ Drop Down to Elbow Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian---can you detail or direct me to a past article of yours explaining how to flatten back out the club---so as the clubshaft "covers the right forearm" on the way back down........

It seems to help me alot to have a more deliberate "pause" at the top
but......looking for drills etc to avoid tipping over on the way down.

Thanks for any direction or thoughts

sbark: have you considered using single shift? Ie. not going from elbow->turned shoulder->elbow but rather elbow->turned shoulder->turned shoulder.

The fewer shifts the easier to perform.

quote:Originally posted by densikat

sbark: have you considered using single shift? Ie. not going from elbow->turned shoulder->elbow but rather elbow->turned shoulder->turned shoulder.

The fewer shifts the easier to perform.

Thanks for response-----can you direct me to a thread or further explanation detailing the "single shift"
Right now my only resource is Dunnigan site which says virtually all golfers have a section of the swing that is above the org. plane--thus the need to shift back down. Attempted to look up in TGM book, and other sources to no avail.....

A deliberate pause at the top seems to help set/drop the club into a slot between the trail shoulder and trail forearm.....so progress...

Again---further direction on a single shift swing w/be appreciated
pref. with pics etc

Sbark:

Brain has once made a comment about the club lining up with the right forearm. This is a paraphrase of what I remember...the club (unless manually altered) will always seek to line up with the right forearm on the downswing. This is why tracing the angle or arc of approach with the right forearm is so critical. If we trace with the forearm, the club is very likely to follow.

Brian mentioned taking an flexible object (forget what he used but something a belt). If someone were to take a video of you swinging the belt as to hit someone, through the impact zone (although you would not be hitting a ball with the belt), no matter if your forearm comes in high or low, the belt seeks out the same plane as your forearm.

Brain can most likely clarify, however, if we do not manually manipulate the club, it will seek the same plane as our forearm.

FL-John

sbark: look up 10-7-b in TGM for info on single shift.

Have you videod your swing Sbark? If so draw the relevant plane lines on there (turned shoulder - sweetspot through armpit , elbow - sweetspot through elbow). Do this and first of all establish whether you are swinging over or under plane

A plane board would be very advantageous in training the plane you desire to use. As John said, the right forearm plays a very important part in this.

quote:Originally posted by densikat

sbark: look up 10-7-b in TGM for info on single shift.

Have you videod your swing Sbark? If so draw the relevant plane lines on there (turned shoulder - sweetspot through armpit , elbow - sweetspot through elbow). Do this and first of all establish whether you are swinging over or under plane

A plane board would be very advantageous in training the plane you desire to use. As John said, the right forearm plays a very important part in this.
Mr Ensikat, you promoting planeboards now?;)[:p]:D

Noticed in Ragmans "improve this +2" thread----big key to shallowing out the swing, went hand in hand with "compacting" the swing------

In looking at down line swings---its the last segment of backswing that really takes a swing out of org. plane and/or cone, hear so many golfers trying to "compact" their swings, which inherintly helps them not to have to make the "transition" move back downward onto the org. plane again.........

In reviewing via mirror work, feel is diff than actual---it feels like I am stopping backswing alot earlier than the mirror tells me---Tells me I was just plain old overswing previously........

Status
Not open for further replies.