Shoulder Turn Throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it....hip turn first, which makes the angle of the left arm more acute to the shoulder, then the right shoulder fires the left arm off the chest.

Does the right shoulder thrust in the direction of the left bicept in order to set the #4 ppt on the downswing or does the right shoulder thrust toward Aiming Point setting the #4 ppt secondarily?

how does the right shoulder fire the left arm off the chest? in the meantime, should i try purposely to keep the left arm attached to the chest, or 'stay connected'?

I think due to the lag created by start down the left arm is forced closer to the chest. The arm will lag behind naturally. I also think that if you try to separate the feeling from the rest of the hands and arms assembly you won't get the desired effect.

The left shoulder responds nicely to the movement of the right shoulder, hands and arms. So what is doing the throwing? Everthing from the ground up, I'd say.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The TGM Version of the "Shoulder Turn Throw" is simply starting the downswing from the ground up with enough OOOPH to load the left arm MORE across the chest than it was at the top, and then when the SPEED of the pivot—especially the Shoulders—slows down, the arms will get THROW OFF....to a point.

Make darn sure that the "Shoulder Sockets" are very loose. And the Arms know what is "supposed" to happen. ;)

Leek

New
Brian, this concept confuses me a little in my own swing. I believe the concept of "Shoulder Turn Throw" should make me hit the ball straighter with more clubhead speed.

I tend to strike the ball best when I use a pushing motion (hitter) than pulling (swinging) motion. I often try to incorporate the "Shoulder Turn Throw" and to my disappointment, I begin making bad contact and hit the ball offline, usually to the right. Is this a bad idea for players who tend to be more of a hitter?

Still works for me when I try to add some hit in there and/or lean the shaft forward.

Drop/left shoulder up is probably my favourite swing thought ever. (2nd place is lagging clubhead takeaway)

Status
Not open for further replies.