SkyPro being released 04/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
Here is the link to pre-order the skypro (launch monitor fits on your club) thats due to be released 04/22. Its only $200 and is said to be as accurate as TM/FS. Also shows shaft deflection and some other cool stuff. You can use your mobile device and download their free app. Ive been following pocket pro since before they merged with skycaddie. I think this is the first cheap and accurate launch monitor to date.

https://shop.skygolf.com/c-70-pre-order-skypro.aspx

Did anyone test it out in Vegas at the show?

Last edited:
if the clubhead becomes a freewheeling agent through impact how does this device claim to be as accurate as a Doppler radar that views the clubhead? I'm sure it works well but for anything other than speed and tempo...I have my doubts. I'll probably see it at the golf expo in a couple weeks. if I get to demo it I will review it

Jwat

New
Well the device sits just above the clubface. This project has been in the works with Pocket Pro since the 1st Trackman. They had the technology the 1st year. There is a reason I think they waited several years to release it. And for $200, getting club path and club face is worth it alone.

Well the device sits just above the clubface. This project has been in the works with Pocket Pro since the 1st Trackman. They had the technology the 1st year. There is a reason I think they waited several years to release it. And for $200, getting club path and club face is worth it alone.

;)

It doesn't sit above the clubface nor has it any idea where the target line is. It can not measure face or path or AoA or shaft deflection. It can only gravitational acceleration and angular velocity of the device itself and it has to guess how far the clubhead is away from the device to start guessing clubhead speed without being able to include any possible shaft kick etc.......drift will make any position measurement of the device itself incorrect.

But as all that data "produced" by it can not be confirmed by eye or even by video only those with a high quality LM will be able to confirm that the data is incorrect.

Let me quote a builder of such a device
Linear Velocity and Linear Position
Linear velocity (m/s) is produced from the integration of the inertial linear acceleration and linear position (m) is produced from the integration of the linear velocity. The initial position of the sensor is considered to be the origin and measurements are given with respect to the global reference frame. These quantities suffere from substantial integration drift; there is a reset function supplied that should be used before every use.
BOTH OF THESE VECTORS SUFFER FROM SIGNIFICANT DRIFT AND ARE OF MARGINAL VALUE.

Jwat

New
Thanks Frans for the response. I was definitely incorrect. Is there anything about the device that will be accurate, maybe the clubhead speed?

Thanks Frans for the response. I was definitely incorrect. Is there anything about the device that will be accurate, maybe the clubhead speed?

from the mizuno patent for the DNA swing device it's clear the the error margin for clubhead speed can as large as 11mph

The Mizuno meter was pretty close for SS to the TrackMan figures. I hit shots on TM after doing the DNA thing. I think apart from TM having a decimal, the Mizuno read my numbers right on.

The Mizuno meter was pretty close for SS to the TrackMan figures. I hit shots on TM after doing the DNA thing. I think apart from TM having a decimal, the Mizuno read my numbers right on.

I understand that it's hard to believe that even a company like mizuno would do things like this but here is a quote from the patent
Swing analyzer and golf club shaft selecting system - US 20100210371 A1 said:
FIG. 14 represents correlation between virtual speed Vh and actually measured value.
us201011.png

Status
Not open for further replies.