Slide/Pivot is CROSS-LINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

timm

New
can someone explian this Angle of Approach Delivery then the Hip Slide/Pivot is CROSS-LINE out to right field. Do you actual slide the hips to right field to start the down swing then turn them?

Timm

rundmc

Banned
timm said:
can someone explian this Angle of Approach Delivery then the Hip Slide/Pivot is CROSS-LINE out to right field. Do you actual slide the hips to right field to start the down swing then turn them?

Timm

You got it . . . ALL components comply with the Delivery Line selected. So you do infact slide Cross Line . . . if you were using Arc of Approach (curved line through the Impact and Low Point you would Turn).

To actually approximate the Angle of Approach, you can go to Impact Fix with your Right Forearm On-Plane with the Clubshaft. Imagine a line on the ground that is Parallel to your On-Plane Right Forearm. This should be pointing Cross-Line out to Right Field. So you pivot parallel to the delivery line (slide). You should also adjust your aiming point on the delivery line too.

rundmc said:
You got it . . . ALL components comply with the Delivery Line selected. So you do infact slide Cross Line . . . if you were using Arc of Approach (curved line through the Impact and Low Point you would Turn).

To actually approximate the Angle of Approach, you can go to Impact Fix with your Right Forearm On-Plane with the Clubshaft. Imagine a line on the ground that is Parallel to your On-Plane Right Forearm. This should be pointing Cross-Line out to Right Field. So you pivot parallel to the delivery line (slide). You should also adjust your aiming point on the delivery line too.

I dunno, sounds like the express train to Shankville, clubhead goes downplane while hips go to right field?

CW

rundmc

Banned
Millrat said:
I dunno, sounds like the express train to Shankville, clubhead goes downplane while hips go to right field?

CW

EVERYTHING goes to right field. S'all good though . . . shank 'em if you got 'em.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Millrat said:

CW

clubshaft moves on plane with the new delivery line, angle of approach that goes out to right field. No shanks.

birdie_man said:
Picture Trevino as an example.

Please explain, DTL? Overhead?

Another question (not specifically for you bird) if one slides the hips cross line, wouldn't the tush line be lost?

CW

Last edited:
Bravo great question

timm said:

Timm

Timm, Besides learning great fundementals. Great question. Huge reason why handicaps don't come down. Hips package must move towards right field or 10 on a clock if you where standing in the middle of a full size clock. When one is at the top of there backswing, they would not turn anything at the start of the downswing. All the talk of heel down is a correct yes, it goes down correctly if you move the side of the hip package towards 10 or right field. When done incorrectly the hip moves back or sideways and actually turns. If you watched Tiger, this movement is what keeps his right shoulder back, it goes out and down, before it turns. Nothing turns the first move on the downswing. This is where you have to have Trust. Once you do, it's a beautiful thing. Easy to trust when you know its right. ')

Tush line perfectly in place with this move. You don't have to worry of tush line, if you do that.

Shanks don't happen with this action. Sorry.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
But.....

In english:

From the top your first move down is either—in the direction your hips are already pointing to (if they have turned ANY, that's out to the right of the target)—or they unwind first.

Period.

BUT!!!!!!!

Make you you are the golfer who needs to FEEL like they go "out to right field," or you will be among the many swinging to the right of Rush Limbaugh.

Where does your ball go now and what procudere are you trying to use, Timm?

Millrat said:
Please explain, DTL? Overhead?

Another question (not specifically for you bird) if one slides the hips cross line, wouldn't the tush line be lost?

CW

From DTL or overhead would be a good view.

Not sure about the second part or if it matters so much......I don't usually worry about that. (myself anyway)

timm

New
Brian Manzella said:
In english:

From the top your first move down is either—in the direction your hips are already pointing to (if they have turned ANY, that's out to the right of the target)—or they unwind first.

Period.

BUT!!!!!!!

Make you you are the golfer who needs to FEEL like they go "out to right field," or you will be among the many swinging to the right of Rush Limbaugh.

Where does your ball go now and what procudere are you trying to use, Timm?

Brain,

My ball goes straight with a slight fade or I push it to the right. I’m trying to be a swinger still working on which release to use. The reason I was asking about the cross line is it seems if I go to right field I’m able to hit the ball straight some times with a slight draw. As you stated I just might need to start my hips in the direction they are pointing on the back swing.

Timm

Status
Not open for further replies.