Spine tilt/Upper body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leek

New
When I putt really well, on my forward stroke, it FEELS like my upper body is sort of in a "tube" that doesn't let it move forward at all. The putter comes up the plane faster and swings left. It's as if my spine is fixed, and everything rotates around it.

In my full swing, I don't swing left enough. My arms sort of go straight down the straight line plane, then fold up to the finish.
I've experimented a little with this on my full swing, and clearly the arms and club go more left. My only concern is it feels very mechanical and forced.

Is this a bad idea? Am I risking hanging back on my right side?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Pure rotation.

When I putt really well, on my forward stroke, it FEELS like my upper body is sort of in a "tube" that doesn't let it move forward at all. The putter comes up the plane faster and swings left. It's as if my spine is fixed, and everything rotates around it.

In my full swing, I don't swing left enough. My arms sort of go straight down the straight line plane, then fold up to the finish.
I've experimented a little with this on my full swing, and clearly the arms and club go more left. My only concern is it feels very mechanical and forced.

Is this a bad idea? Am I risking hanging back on my right side?

It is possible to overdo it, but moving forward on it ain't so good either.

You need to work with it some and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.