Standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I am standing up at impact rather than maintaining the squat I have on the downswing; any reason not to do this?

As stated in another thread... mabey your hands are not far enough in front of the ball forcing you to stand up instead of hitting it fat

Since my question if you read it only applies to driver, I think your assessment may be a bit off.
Also, standing up with longer clubs is a good thing, timing can be off but you probably wouldn't know much about timing.
Next answer please.
As stated in another thread... mabey your hands are not far enough in front of the ball forcing you to stand up instead of hitting it fat

jimmyt

New
I feel I am standing up at impact rather than maintaining the squat I have on the downswing; any reason not to do this?
Last post on this subject is missing so this is a duplicate.

Nothing about driver swing only.........

Reread your original post and tell me where you state "your driver"...and lets here your definition of timing>

Since my question if you read it only applies to driver, I think your assessment may be a bit off.
Also, standing up with longer clubs is a good thing, timing can be off but you probably wouldn't know much about timing.
Next answer please.

Why do you think standing up with longer clubs is a good thing?

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
You have to pull with something

I agree...no mention of driver. A good player knows they have to pull with something...preferably the rotation of the body, but...there are great players who have found other ways to accomplish this. Some "drive the legs" (big trend in the 70's and 80's) while others stand up through impact (Fuzzy Zoeller, Peter Senior, Ted Schulz, etc). If you find yourself sliding or standing up it could be because the pivot is lacking.

If it is just with the driver, it could be as simple as...you are standing too close to the ball.

I agree...no mention of driver. A good player knows they have to pull with something...preferably the rotation of the body, but...there are great players who have found other ways to accomplish this. Some "drive the legs" (big trend in the 70's and 80's) while others stand up through impact (Fuzzy Zoeller, Peter Senior, Ted Schulz, etc). If you find yourself sliding or standing up it could be because the pivot is lacking.

If it is just with the driver, it could be as simple as...you are standing too close to the ball.

Or you are setting up behind the sweet spot, instead of off the toe as you need to with modern drivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.