Stenson Preshot Rountine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt catch all of the broadcast. Did they mention what Stenson's preshot routine was about or what he was trying to do. Gripping the club on the handle and looked like he was trying to keep his left wrist flat?

Just thought it was interesting and didnt hear why.

Thanks

They mentioned THAT he did it, a number of times. But I, too, was frustrated that they never explained it. I was guessing it was a feel move for either FLW (without the weight of the clubhead, you swing through with a FLW more naturally) or swinging left.

He had the driver yips for years,the swing the grip is part of a routine Bob Rotella had him do to forget about the clubhead, just swing it. So basically he went from being one of the worst drivers of the ball a few years ago to being the best at the Players......not bad. How many people will be practice swing like that...lol. Maybe me......

He had the driver yips for years,the swing the grip is part of a routine Bob Rotella had him do to forget about the clubhead, just swing it. So basically he went from being one of the worst drivers of the ball a few years ago to being the best at the Players......not bad. How many people will be practice swing like that...lol. Maybe me......

AFTER I SAW THAT, I was like woah. So i start to swing the club infront of the TV like that immediately. It was funny, because I don't even know what it does.

Can someone describe? (what he does)

He turns the club upside down and grips it in his left hand a little ways below the clubhead. Then he makes a short practice swing. But this means he's swinging the grip (at the end of the shaft, since the club is upside down) rather than swinging the clubhead.

Stenson talks about it in the post round interview, basically he said it is about painting a picture of the swing path. It is a move from his swing coach Peter Cowen and not Rotella.

Also his drives are still all over the place, but he is very accurate and long with his 3 wood.

Burner

New
Stenson talks about it in the post round interview, basically he said it is about painting a picture of the swing path. It is a move from his swing coach Peter Cowen and not Rotella.

Also his drives are still all over the place, but he is very accurate and long with his 3 wood.

He is trying to get the "swoosh" sound at its highest pitch post impact so that he does not lose swing speed early.

By reversing the club he is easier able to maintain his flat left wrist through impact and is not distracted by the club head and the urge to throw that at the ball.

Painting a picture of a swing path that he never uses achieves nothing.

Did it look like that was what he was doing to you?

No; not to me either.

He is trying to get the "swoosh" sound at its highest pitch post impact so that he does not lose swing speed early.

By reversing the club he is easier able to maintain his flat left wrist through impact and is not distracted by the club head and the urge to throw that at the ball.

Painting a picture of a swing path that he never uses achieves nothing.

Did it look like that was what he was doing to you?

No; not to me either.

lol, forum experts...listen to the post win interview...he explains what he is trying to do at 1.40ish
"I just sort of paint the path of the swing"
"It just gets me onplane"

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

Yup, because of his bad driving...i believe he ended up with a mini driver as a 3 wood. From memory i think it was a 13* 3 wood with a graffalloy blue shaft which is more of a driver shaft. This has allowed him to hit his 3 wood pretty long along with his swing speed it worked out well at the players for him.

Burner

New
lol, forum experts...listen to the post win interview...he explains what he is trying to do at 1.40ish
"I just sort of paint the path of the swing"
"It just gets me onplane"

Lassie,

Thank you for your learned opinion, now go find a bone to chew on. ;)

Like you, the genuine expert, I was only passing on the observations relayed by the Commentators who had enquired of, and been given that information by, the man and his caddy.

He was sure painting some odd looking, near horizontal, swing paths when caught doing it on camera. "Da plane, Boss, da plane!" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.