Strange inconsistency....thoughts?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I was at the range this afternoon. It was hot and humid so i limited myself to 100 balls and proceeded with my PW to hit a few 60 yard piches, finally building up to a full PW swing.
I was focussing on a timed pivot, plus a combination of "throw the drunk" and right side compression on the downswing..
The balls were going great. Lots of nice compression, good trajectory, very accurate and nice dollar bill divots..
After about 40 balls I switched to my 7-iron and swung exactly the same..
First ball went howling off about 15 feet off the deck...WTF!....
Oh well lets try a few more...
Same result..
Switched back to my PW. same as earlier. Good results...switched back to the 7-iron....same low screamers...
What gives?...anyone any ideas?....

I suspect improper weight transfer or swaying. Try to stay centered over the ball and pivot on bs then save the ds release by dropping your arms and drive with the right shoulder and right leg.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Make sure you aren't swaying either too far back or too far foward depending on if you are on your backswing or downswing.

Sounds to me like you're moving low point around.

Thanks guys,

I work very hard on lateral stability Jim. Maybe I'll just have to try harder..:)

Went to the range again this evening..
Slight improvement, but I also discovered something...I was tending to stutter at impact (ground is very hard)...fear of pain perhaps...
When I "let it go" properly,the shots were much improved...

Status
Not open for further replies.