Sucess!!... A tail of a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I haven't been able to play in about... 2 months? anyway it was driving me CRAZY!!! seriously, you all understand Im sure.

I have been practicing some stuff I have learned here on the forum, along with watching the soft draw video several times over. I have been able to make it out to the range about 2 times a week, for about 45 minutes at a time. (its hot, its Florida, 45 minutes is the max for me, and I'm rather white:p )
Anyway, I am a guy who always faded the ball, every club, every shot. I accepted that... I thought, oh well, I am a fader, I got pretty good like that, to about a 7 handicap.

Fast forward to about 4 months ago, when I started coming onto this website after kind of forgetting about it for 8 months. I have really been learning ALLOT on this site, and I really appreciate the advice given by all of you on this site, and especially Brian's.

So the story of todays round...
Now the last time I played, I shot an 81 from the tips, and felt after that 81 like 81 was the best I could have shot... it was chock full of bad shots, bad putts, and not to mention the ongoing drama of being shorter with all of my clubs than I think i should be.

today... I shot an 81... BUT this 81 was after a 2 month lay off... I started the day, by drawing (which I don't do) a 3 wood off of the tee, into a tree...However, it dropped below to give me a 3 quarter pitching wedge in to the green, which, I hit, but it flew too far to my surprise, and hit the cart path, and of coarse flew into the woods to the left of the green... forced a drop, and now I'm forced to hit a flop shot, to a tucked pin, and I haven't hit a flop in 3 months? The failed attempt lands me short, and rolls back down the side of the green, onto the cart path... from there, I chip and 3 put... for an 8... holy crap I'm thinking.... its over...

from there i go the rest of the 9, 3 over, to salvage a 7 over front, and then a 3 over back, for a 42, 39....

What was so great about this round, was, I was putting so well, and I was drawing the ball on command, as well as fading the ball on command... it was the most wonderful feeling in the world. Not to mention, I was hitting all of my clubs to my potential. On one hole, I stood on the tee box, hit a fade exactly where I wanted it, then just to prove a point, asked my dad to through me another ball, and said, "Ok dad, I'm going to start this over the trees, and draw this one back onto the fairway" and then did it perfectly... Its an amazing feeling, and I see some really low scores coming from this... If I can lay off for 2 months... come back and shoot the same score I did the last time out, when I was playing every other week... Who knows what I am capable of now with all of these new found shots in my arsenal.

I really appreciate you guys, and the knowledge I am getting from being on this site. Peck, Birdi, Brian, Jim, theres more of you i know... I really appreciate all of you guys, your good guys, and intelligent and passionate. I am the kind of person who will let you know, whats on my mind, and give credit and thanks, where its due. So THANK YOU guys... I have been wanting to play like this for a long time.

sorry for going on a ramble fest, to tell you about a mediocre day of golf, but to me, this is the beginning of something big... and I am excited.;)

thank you again guys,
Micah.:cool: -worker of the golf ball- (feels good to say that)

Last edited:
Hmmm 42-39 and he calls it mediocre, oh to be so medoicre........ :cool:

Well done Dash, not sure how/why you couldn't/didn't play for 2 months, that would have killed me!!!

And you are dead right, there are plenty of good people here who care to share, those of us who benifit should let them know more often.

Cheers from rainy Oz :mad:

Nice buddy. If you can draw it maybe there is still hope for me in hitting a better fade.

-Paul (close to- but still in search of- the magic fade dust)

great to hear dash. i know it is a great feeling to be able to control the ball. i've only ever had for short periods of time, but its one of the best feelings i know, knowing that this shot is going right where you want it to.

Jordan - hoping to learn golf again. and loving the fact people appreciate his work!

Hmmm 42-39 and he calls it mediocre, oh to be so medoicre........ :cool:

Well done Dash, not sure how/why you couldn't/didn't play for 2 months, that would have killed me!!!

And you are dead right, there are plenty of good people here who care to share, those of us who benifit should let them know more often.

Cheers from rainy Oz :mad:

Haha... well, when you have had rounds in the 70s and really feel like you aren't playing to your true potential and ability, just about any score will feel mediocre...
I'm just happy, my mediocre score is an 81...;)
and... embarrassingly, its the girlfriend that kept me from golfing for that long... not that she said I couldn't... just been spending allot of time with her... don't laugh guys. you know you have all done it in the past...

The best part of that day, was my dad... His reaction to this, hes never seen me so happy on the coarse, and me going "man it didn't draw as much as I thought?" was getting him laughing... I'm sure even though hes 59 now, carries about a 18 handicap these days (used to be easily an 8 before his motorcycle accidents), and cant hit the ball as far as me, playing from the whites, while I'm on the tips, he still gets a kick out of playing golf with me, and hes eating it up that I'm playing so well now... He started me when I was 3, and this is the one thing, we both really love to do, and have a good time doing. It was good to sit in the clubhouse and have a beer with him at the end of the day and talk about how and why I am able to work the ball so well now, but it was It was great to be able to really impress him.:)
Side note, I have been using the info from here to help him as well, I have got him with a swing thats much easier on his back, but has him hitting the ball better with a little more distance, I really appreciate being able to do that for him too... this site has been a god send...

Birdie... I wish I could bottle the fade dust and send it to you, because I have more than enough...;) Sometimes I get the Mickleson winged foot Fade.... and I don't have Merch tents to send it back into play for me...:cool:

Peck, you are much appreciated. Dont give up, you will find it once again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.