Suggestions: Worm-burner king...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3 weeks ago, I started hitting irons like 3 ft off the ground. I got my index down to 13.5 (down from 20 at the beginning of the year) and was playing my best golf, great iron shots and this crept in and hasn't gone away.

Used to hit a fairly high ball. Even my lofted irons are really low!

Suggestions for what to start looking for?

I have a few basic ones as I sometimes suffer from the same issue:

Ball position too far back
Tight or tightening grip = restricted release
Too much forward press at setup

That's where I'd start since other issues may involve the swing dynamics which is best left for the experts here.

Is your pivot real? When I fake mine I have to fire my hips left to generate any sort of power. This lunge pulls my upper body forward as well. I end up coming in really, really steep.

OMG....the old man creeped back in...

I took a camcorder to the range. Man, just when you think you got rid of old bad habits....quit working on them and they creep back in.

Back to my recorded lessons with Bman.

Bill-

Congrats on the big drop - 20 to 13.5 in a year is a lot!

So what was the biggest reason for the breakthrough?

Is your pivot real? When I fake mine I have to fire my hips left to generate any sort of power. This lunge pulls my upper body forward as well. I end up coming in really, really steep.

Yes, I have lost something concerning the pivot.

The way I got down quite a bit in one year was using the video I taped during my lesson with Brian. Everytime I got a little off, I'd rewatch that two hour video...over and over. Then I went for about a month without watching it...and got into my current situation. Now, in watching again, and comparing videos side by side of my lesson "model" swing and current, I am realizing my pivot fell apart. However, this time, I am struggling to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.