SweetSpot- What would happen if I never

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not see or understand how the hosel rotates around the sweetspot. Been digesting TGM for over a year straight and several years off and on before that - but post about sweet spot and my brain takes a vacation.[xx(]

So, can I improve my golf and swing without ever understanding this concept?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
"So, can I improve my golf and swing without ever understanding this concept?"

Yup.

Just learn to go 'wedding ring up'...or close.

Ya that hosel around sweetspot thing makes absolutely no sense in my mind.....I just look at the toe rotating open and go: "Uh....."

EdZ

New
Take a club and hold it in your thumb and forefinger at the very end of the grip.

Spin it around (or better, imagine you could spin it fast)

Notice that because of the design of the club, the clubhead spinning in this way travels in a 'circle' - from the tip of the grip end where you are holding it - to the 'center' of the circle create when you spin the club in this way.

The 'center' of that circle is, in effect, the sweetspot

Now - imagine this same picture - but in a horizontal plane....

then in a golf motion....

The hosel (or if it helps to picture it, the shaft) rotates around that 'circle'

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Take a club and hold it in your thumb and forefinger at the very end of the grip.

Notice that because of the design of the club, the clubhead spinning in this way travels in a 'circle' - from the tip of the grip end where you are holding it - to the 'center' of the circle create when you spin the club in this way.

The hosel (or if it helps to picture it, the shaft) rotates around that 'circle'
you can spin it fast by holing it between the palms of the left and right hand and roll the dough

quote:Originally posted by brianman

"So, can I improve my golf and swing without ever understanding this concept?"

Yup.

Just learn to go 'wedding ring up'...or close.

Thanks - I needed that! After reading that diatribe on one of the other sites, I began to wonder if I was a lost case.

The first time I did the "wedding ring up" I hurt myself, but I'm still trying.

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Great post, Ed! Very easy for this thick head to digest!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.