Tamed hooker trying to hit a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously still not getting the D-plane principles. Can now hit a pretty straight ball and a fade at will with the driver.
If I don't do my prescription for NHA/BP , then I hit those nasty gopher killing left to left hooks. If I setup for a draw but do "my" NHA backswing - the ball goes along my stance line like the push I used to hit when I wasn't hooking it.

So, is a mere reformed below plane, too far to the right, hooker capable of ever hitting a draw?

I'm a range rat, so I'm willing to put in the time if you guys can point me in a direction to start OR just tell me to live with what I've got. If I have to live with it, maybe I'll actually play more golf instead :)

Something must be causing your clubface to be closed to hit a pull hook or the dread snap hook. Can't hit a snap hook with an open face at impact. Usually this means checking the grip seeing how your backswing responds to it. Perhaps you just happen to close the face on the backswing despite having a good grip. Or perhaps you are 'hanging and flipping.'

If you're underplane, but with a square face to the target at impact, you can hit a big roundhouse hook.

3JACK

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
It seems like your NHA backswing straightens your path enough not to hook it. Now you need to have the face a little closed to your "new" path/plane line. So, yeah, its def possible for a reformed sniper to hit a controlled draw.

It seems like your NHA backswing straightens your path enough not to hook it. Now you need to have the face a little closed to your "new" path/plane line. So, yeah, its def possible for a reformed sniper to hit a controlled draw.

Taking this one step further...simply adjust your setup when you want to draw the ball, not your swing. IE: aim your face a little right of the target, but aim your swing path/plane alignments a little further to the right than the face. The only trick here is to trust that the "anti-hook" swing plus the draw alignments will result in the draw that you want.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Obviously still not getting the D-plane principles. Can now hit a pretty straight ball and a fade at will with the driver.
If I don't do my prescription for NHA/BP , then I hit those nasty gopher killing left to left hooks. If I setup for a draw but do "my" NHA backswing - the ball goes along my stance line like the push I used to hit when I wasn't hooking it.

So, is a mere reformed below plane, too far to the right, hooker capable of ever hitting a draw?

I'm a range rat, so I'm willing to put in the time if you guys can point me in a direction to start OR just tell me to live with what I've got. If I have to live with it, maybe I'll actually play more golf instead :)

Add a little "twist" on your downswing; all you need is a bit more of a closed face for your path.

So aim right, do your normal backswing/downswing but add a little "twist" on the downswing and you'll be fine. Don't change your backswing please.

How you doing btw?

Thanks for the replys

Add a little "twist" on your downswing; all you need is a bit more of a closed face for your path.

So aim right, do your normal backswing/downswing but add a little "twist" on the downswing and you'll be fine. Don't change your backswing please.

How you doing btw?

I'm doing quite well thank you. I'm busier at work than I have been in 19 years. Can't figure that out, either! I didn't do anything different to cause the gigantic rise in work. "I" certainly can't tell the economy is in the toilet. Bad thing though - I have very little time for the golf course. Get to the range about 3 times a week.

Guess I'm getting bored with that straight to fade swing you taught me. I know I was able to draw the ball the last time we worked together, but I lost the knowledge that got me there. Should be doable now that you guys set me on the correct path/face!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.