tell us your single key thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone has a single key thought, or manzella-ism that serves as a key thought, please give it here and why it has helped you. things like 'throw the monkey off your back', etc....
i get a bit confused with some of the tgm terms, so i want to keep things simple.
thanks,

patty

New
I used to think too much, which affected my game badly.
Now I do all the TGM thinking in the backyard with lots of repetive swings.

Then on the course it's just "Hit down on the right part of the ball with a nice easy Swing"

Keep the target in my minds eye in the backswing and be thinking of what cuss words I'm going to use during in the downswing are my normal swing thoughts

After getting a good grip, set up and knowing what I want to do with the ball, all I think is -

Turn

Twist

Wallop

Works every time. Kind of.

grs

New
After getting a good grip, set up and knowing what I want to do with the ball, all I think is -

Turn

Twist

Wallop

Works every time. Kind of.

Thats exactly what I do to, I make sure I get my back facing th target, twist and then the rest just happens :D

rwh

New
From the top of the swing, I "feel like" I'm keeping my back to the target while my hips bump and my arms drop; for me, this results in (1) good axis tilt and (2) a right shoulder moving down plane rather than "helicopturing" over the top.

karate chop on the downswing/ focus on the ground ahead of the ball/ low hands at address!

I've finally learned how to swing the golf club.

Lately, I think about keeping the left arm connected on the backswing and the arms close to the body on the downswing (okay, more than one). Has worked magic for my tendency to hit chunky shots! I'm sure it will change in a week :).

My thought

Eyes on the ball (inside aft), mind in the hands (specifically #3)....

Stress the shaft 'til the ball's long gone. A lot of things have to work correctly to accomplish that goal.

bcoak

New
For which shot? :)

One that I always go back to is trying to keep my grip pressure constant through the whole swing.

Driver:
-Extend and Twist
-Right shoulder down plane
-Hit the box

Irons:
-Twistaway
-Hold up the flag (this is something I tell myself so that my back swing doesn't get to long at the top)
-Right shoulder down plane

My Iron Swing

1. Ball position just forward of centre of stance.
2. Hands slightly forward.
3. Weight centred. Nice flex in the knees.
4. Get “rope swinging” feeling at address with waggle.
5. Nice gentle extensor action in backswing to prevent overswinging combined with nice full shoulder turn. This action should get a nice left wrist cock.
6. Left heel hard down initiates downswing.
7. SLOW drag of the grip with LEFT HAND beyond the ball. Centrifugal force will take care of the release of the club.
8. Watch the high draw soar into the distance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.