term clarification: close the gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnadon - depends what context that term was used.

I've seen videos where Brian talks about closing the gap in the transition (think candy cane hips) - what Matt F. describes.

I thought you were talking about that term as it has been used in the release discussions. In Mike Jacobs's first explosive golf show on "the release" he talks about "closing the gap" - that is, the gap between the club head and the ball.

Or what my Detroit Lions are doing, finally closing the talent gap with the rest of the NFL, it all depends on the context.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Could someone let me know just which gap is being referred to with this phrase? Thanks in advance.

The little slogan originated on the Long Island Railroad, I was joking with some of my students about all the signs that say 'WATCH THE GAP' ... So next day on the lesson tee we were joking saying 'closing the gap'

The gap is the space between the club head and the ball. Average time for a golfer closing the gap is .25 seconds. Good luck trying to do a bunch of stuff in that short moment in time. Once it's begun there is very little time to change anything

Status
Not open for further replies.