TGM -Tour players and Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... but I doubt it very much that Steve E will talk about it though.

Anymore? Do you think David Leadbetter is a TGM fan?

quote:Originally posted by glcoach

I doubt it.

quote:Originally posted by oztrainee

It's long been said that Leadbetter carries a dog eared copy of the Yellow book with him and it is recommended reading for his schools' instructors.

Other TGM-taught: Joe Durant, Kenny Perry, come to mind, and there is a list on Ben Doyle's website of pros he has taught that's as long as a horses leg. :)

quote:Originally posted by efnef

quote:Originally posted by glcoach

I doubt it.

quote:Originally posted by oztrainee

It's long been said that Leadbetter carries a dog eared copy of the Yellow book with him and it is recommended reading for his schools' instructors.

Other TGM-taught: Joe Durant, Kenny Perry, come to mind, and there is a list on Ben Doyle's website of pros he has taught that's as long as a horses leg. :)

Yes, I had seen that on the TGM newsletter about David Leadbetter. But I had spoke to some DLBA instructors and none of them had come across the book. In fact they are using some very non G.O.L.F like concept to teach. As we all know, as a TGM Ai, or a TGMers, they can stand up on the stage and talk about golf for 3hours non stop, and never run out of topics... But I doubt it very much a DLBA instructor will be able to.

Heath Slocum Winner of 2005 Southern Farm Bureau, 50th on 2005 Money List with $1.6 Million. 2006 PGA Tour Member

Spike Mcroy 2002 BC Open Champion, 2006 PGA / Nationwide Past Champion Status

Boo Weekly 2006 Conditional Nationwide Tour are all taught by a GSEM.
And work on tracing straight lines to sustain the line of compression!

Vance Veazy 2006 PGA Tour Member
Jim Gallagher Jr 2006 Past Champion PGA Tour Status
Payton Osborn 2006 Conditonal Nationwide Status are also all taught by another GSEM.

Brian Knows both of theses guys well. For a clue ask him about his refreshments and conversations about TGM on the range in New Orleans this week!

In fact there are more PGA Tour Players than you think being instructed by TGM AI's. However, when you quote verbatum to a tour player it tends to scare them away. Hence, the public and the player themself may not realize they are working on mastery of the STAR SYSTEM TRIAD. Translating and implementing Homer's imfromation is the Instructors role and responsiblity in training a Golfing Machine! You never know who's working on TGM, besides everyone who plays golf, most just don't know it;)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
A "Hall of Fame" post.

This explains why the guy (or gal) that rises to the top WILL NEVER BE AN "STRAIGHT OUT THE BOOK TEACHER."

You'll miss too many people.

I spent two days with David Toms this week and NEVER USED ONE TGM TERM.

Got it?

If we are teaching the stuff we should be telling them what they are learning and where the information are coming from.
If we are using Homer's stuff and not telling people that those are originally coming from the Yellow book, we are just stealing things from the book and re-tag/branded it as your own stuff.
As I do aware that a lot of people out there are trying to use the information from the yellow book, modified it, and not giving any credit to the book at all.

e.g. Yoda & Joe are brillant, as they will just do it word by word and never skip anything from the book.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Best reference to this I feel is Brian's article ''teaching golf in the real world''. Get the job done covertly without terminology. I call it ''backdoor teaching'' teaching TGM without anyone even knowing what you are teaching.

Did Homer give credit to where his information came from? I see no footnotes or references in the book.

In the Real World....especially in "Academics".....No Bibliography...No Footnotes...usually results in an "F"....The reality of TGM it is probably the best resource for golf instruction out there...Why has it not been accepted?...Probably for the same reason ...kids here at the Campbell University get an "F" not because of content..but "proper sourcing and grammar"....

Homer Kelley was brilliant..No doubt about it!!!!

Why in the he77 he overlooked this major/minor protocol we'll never know?

Well...one would argue..it was all his own...

Reply...very few are those that have "exclusively" there own "original ideas"...

Still... I've been teaching for 17 years from PGA Tour Players to junior golfers..sometimes it's best to teach the concepts without the terminology...

for instance...

Would you rather hear? ....

"Release the #2 Accumulator or "Karate Chop while dropping the Hammer with the left wrist still turned!"

TGM Instructor in his mind:
Knowing that "Karate Chop delays the release of #3 Accumulator so as to produce Sequenced Release Motion via a Wrist Throw with the Left Wrist staying palm facing the plane."

That's called the "Art of Teaching" using the Principles of Physics and Geometry....

Brian does this very..very well!!!

It's not "branding your own brand"....

NAT

Ya that's pretty cool...

lol funny tho how he says:

"So in the absence of Leadbetter, who notoriously spreads himself thin with at least a dozen PGA Tour clients, the book is the next best thing for the high school junior to browse in the middle of a bad round."

Ya right!

lol....in the middle of a round....ha!

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by brianman

A "Hall of Fame" post.

This explains why the guy (or gal) that rises to the top WILL NEVER BE AN "STRAIGHT OUT THE BOOK TEACHER."

You'll miss too many people.

I spent two days with David Toms this week and NEVER USED ONE TGM TERM.

Got it?

I reckon you can have your cake and eat it too though. If you can "kick it" straight outta the book to someone who knows the book then the communication is much more effective because you speak the same lingo.

But if the person don't know the book then you just bring the spanglish.

Somebody's gotta be able to quote chapter and verse though be it Doyle or Yoda or Dalton McCrary or whoever. It may not be for the "masses" or Tour. But somebody's gotta train the trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.