Thank You Hue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppt3

New
I must say I greatly enjoy your perceptive, intelligent, well-thought out posts. I particularly enjoy your description of your trips to the British Open and your experiences in taking lessons from the David Leadbetter acolyte Dennis Pugh.

It is great to see that you are working with The Golfing Machine. Here is something for you and others to consider. On the Golf Channel, we often see "investigative" journalists such as Brian Hewitt and Tim Rosaforte blowing smoke up David Leadbetter's rear end. Wouldn't it be great to see them just once ask this question, "Uh, David, you have now been working with Charles Howell III, Ty Tryon, Justin Rose and Aaron Baddley for some 25 years in total and they have 1 tour victory between them to show for it. I was just wondering when does the tweaking stop and the winning begin?"

Of course this will never happen because David is an IMG man as are many of his players and if anybody dared question the "great" man, they would in short order lose access to those same players.

P.S. Did you know that last week's European Tour winner Christian Cevaer went to Stanford and took many golf lessons from Ben Doyle?

P.P.S. If you get a chance watch the Tavistock Cup on the Golf Channel if they repeat it. Leadbetter was the guest analyst and in the five minutes I watched, everything he said was wrong. Just for one example, did you know that "Trevor Immelman has a one plane swing?" Leadbetter spouted this gem amongst many others.

hue

New
ppt3: Thanks for your kind comments. I nearly gave up golf after having a whole heap of lessons with Denis Pugh. My anti Leadbetter/Pugh views are not just opinion . I am certain they are wronguns. I know Brian caught a lot of flak on FGI for pointing this out. Some posters there said it was against the ethics of the PGA to slate other coaches. I do not agree with this. If a coach uses the media and IMG promotion connection to create an illusion of being "The worlds No 1 coach" he forfeits the right to not be criticised by his peers because of some bogus PGA code of ethics IMHO . The fact that these self promotion types have moved the paramaters beyond the confines of the PGA territory makes them open game. IMG has a lot of influence in protecting Leadbetter from the media as you point out and I am sure they use it. The World Match Play Championships held at Wentworth are really the IMG Invitational Championships. From what I can see there is a bit of a Mason type thing going on in golf. I know when I worked as a spotter for ABC that "Team Tiger" had got the whip hand as far as they were concerned. There is a lot of mumbo jumbo golf instruction out there . For me TGM is where it is at. It is the truth and I am glad I have found it.

"P.S. Did you know that last week's European Tour winner Christian Cevaer went to Stanford and took many golf lessons from Ben Doyle?"

No I did not and thanks for pointing this out. One of the things that impresses me about Ben Doyle is the amount of players that he has trained onto the tour. This has to be the most telling indication of the quality of a coach. You don't get to hear about this. Brian is correct in his comments on the ownership of the microphone and it is about time the golfing public wakes up to see what is really going on..

ppt3

New
Hue you are so right about Ben Doyle. If people only knew the influence Ben has had on the game and the people he has touched they would be amazed. Ben has done so much for The Golfing Machine and always with great courage and grace in the face of much ignorant and ill-founded criticism. I truly believe however that The Golfing Machine is succeeding as Homer envisioned. Joe Duffer and Joe Pro can truly read from the same songbook and realize continual improvement in the game they love. Give Brian great credit as well for the creativity he has brought to his teaching and for his acknowledgement of the shoulders he is standing upon. This is not always a given. Many have gone before, exploiting Homer and Ben without ever thanking them for their contributions to any personal success they might have had. Best wishes in your game which I know will improve now that you have discovered G.O.L.F. and save your hard earned dollars to make that visit to Brian for those lessons. It will be the best thing you have ever done.

Greatest teacher that ever lived? Jody Moore, my wife-teacher in NWISD in Fort Worth Texas. Sorry, had to throw in a plug for public school teachers there. They never get the credit they deserve.

EdZ

New
I played with Cevaer in high school at a few local jr fund raiser events... outstanding ball striker. Simply outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.