The "Flat Backswing-Swing Around Your Body" Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian, or anyone else, can you explain where the power comes from with this pattern. When I make good contact with this pattern, really keeping the body going and letting the left arm rotate by keeping the left elbow in, you can really knock the snot out of the ball.

Problem is you can really pull the ball far left, which is why right now I prefer soft draw..

BTW I'll add that bending over from the hips instead of "water-skiing" helped a lot with my savage flatness too.

The side-effect of all this skiing being BPS (Downswing) ala Kevin S., BTW.

It did take some time to adjust and of course it helped fixing my too-open clubface first.

I still need just the right amount of weight on my heels to "lock into" that "balance point" though. And a good bit of bend in my knees. And I still feel there is something to "sticking your ass out"! It was key for me in moving to this new bent over address.

But I am much more bent over from the hips.

Last edited:
I still need just the right amount of weight on my heels to "lock into" that "balance point" though. And a good bit of bend in my knees. And I still feel there is something to "sticking your ass out"! It was key for me in moving to this new bent over address.

Does this new swing make my a$$ look fat?
biggrin.gif

Hehe. You'd need to post a picture EC.

"Hey Mr. President, you need to stick your ass out more."

-Sam Snead sez (to a US Prez)

"I use it cause it works!"

-birdie_guy sez (maybe in an infommercial some day)

Status
Not open for further replies.