"The Maestro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ripping some sweet vids off of old VHS tapes. Nicely trimmed and edited for your viewing pleasure.

Was anybody better?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYWlM7puLM&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Very cool - thanks for posting. What's interesting to me is the similarity between this and your Jack clip. I'd say Jack was lobbing the hell out of it, whereas Seve is hitting a lower trajectory pitch with a bit more shaft lean and divot - but to my eyes the basic techniques look remarkably similar.

I had that Jack instructional tape too - and I could never get on top of that flippy hand action through the ball.

Happy to share. For teachers with V1PRO, you can download these right into the program for analysis.

Yes, Jack released the shaft quickly through the zone, but at impact he still essentially had the geometric "Flat Left Wrist". Seve, comparitively, had a more descending Attack Angle, courtesy of a ball positioned further behind the left armpit than Jack, and an increase to shaft "lean" and thus, decrese to Dynamic Loft. Jack never could really "trap" it like a Seve.......or Tiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.