"The Release" and Distance From the Ball??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I live on the Gulf Coast, and it has been raining for what feels like a month straight. So, I haven't been able to get out to the range and try out my interpretation of "The Release and Lining it Up" concepts.

But, in tooling around in my house I think I had a bit of a revelation.........Would it not greatly inhibit the process of "lining it up" if you are standing too close to the ball? In other words, if the ball is too close to you, you cannot really release the clubhead "out" toward the ball, right? You would have to drag the handle, or come OTT, or some other compensation in order to make sure that the clubhead actually hits the ball.

For the experts out there, is this off the mark, or is there something to this really basic observation??

I think I've always been a player that tends to stand too close to the ball when I'm not playing my best golf, and that really made me ponder this as I sit around reading the epic "Release" thread while not being able to go play golf.

Seems to me though that if I get too far away from the ball my hand path tends to move more to the target line and I get stuck under. It's a balancing act like everything else I'm sure.

I agree, ball position too far away and I end up swinging too far to the right. So, too close and I'd expect to swing too far left..

Also agree that it is a balancing act based around the swing and any changes. As I develop a more vertical hand path (as per the tumble thread) I find my ball position frequently needs to be closer than it was.

I agree, ball position too far away and I end up swinging too far to the right. So, too close and I'd expect to swing too far left..

Also agree that it is a balancing act based around the swing and any changes. As I develop a more vertical hand path (as per the tumble thread) I find my ball position frequently needs to be closer than it was.

This is EXACTLY where I'm coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.