The Saucer Pass - Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very, very cool videos from this guy. Kikkor Golf is a shoe company (skate-type shoes for golf) and James Lepp, the founder, is a former professional player who has some very cool tricks up his sleeve in his videos.

Enjoy.

That is pretty cool. I'm guessing it should be ok as long as you're not in a hazard but idk. It would be cool for a casual round with your buds for sure.

James is still a very good player (NCAA Indiv. Champ, won a couple of Canadian Tour events, shot a 59 at a local championship golf course once), but I guess doesn't have as much interest in playing professionally as he does his new business.

I use to spoon my wedge around the greens--- Basically use the club face like a spatula and picked up the ball like flipping pancakes.

Why has nobody ever thought of this before? Genius!

Watch the "change up" video. His reaction after dunking the chip on the green is priceless.

I use to spoon my wedge around the greens--- Basically use the club face like a spatula and picked up the ball like flipping pancakes.

You must be really close to your wedges to be spooning them and all, that's nice. I know a guy that used to sleep with his putter, I wonder if he was spooning...:D

This one is so close to the border I'd take a pass. The rule reads as follows:

14-1. Ball to Be Fairly Struck At

The ball must be fairly struck at with the head of the club and must not be pushed, scraped or spooned.

It's between you and your God but I vote no.

If that's a scrape, then I see folks on TV scrape in "gimme" putts all the time - put the putter 6"-8" behind the ball and brush it in the hole. The ball is still contacting and leaving the face from the force of impact. As long as there is no attempt to push or scrape the ball, nothing in the rules against pushing or scraping the club. I vote legal. :)

If that's a scrape, then I see folks on TV scrape in "gimme" putts all the time - put the putter 6"-8" behind the ball and brush it in the hole. The ball is still contacting and leaving the face from the force of impact. As long as there is no attempt to push or scrape the ball, nothing in the rules against pushing or scraping the club. I vote legal. :)

But if that's NOT a scrape, then what is?

Status
Not open for further replies.