Tiger has more room

Status
Not open for further replies.
to swing now. Standing farther from ball extending his arms and less head movement downward gives him alot more room thru the impact area. Swing looks much more athletic. Ball is going farther.

Sorry guys to me it still looks very similar at the top.......think he is trying but he needs months of work not days.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Sorry guys to me it still looks very similar at the top.......think he is trying but he needs months of work not days.

i didn't get to see him at all today but he doesn't need months of work, he needs someone to tell him that haney's stuff was absolute junk and he wasted his time. Fix the laid off, strengthen the grip and a little the ball would fly so much better tiger would be stunned and he'd go win majors again.

that's it

I didn't see his swing. I figure Foley will get his hand path more inside, but believe me...that won't cure a laid off move by itself. The left forearm flying wedge cannot over-rotate. IMO, all the laid off stuff is really about what the #3 PP is doing in the backswing. 'Pop Out' usually causes that #3 PP to rotate too much.

Took me about 3 weeks to get rid of it, although I didn't have it as ingrained as Tiger did...but I'm not in the same galaxy of talent as Tiger and I don't play golf for a living.

The laid off move really screws Tiger up because now he gets 2-way misses instead of 1-way misses and you can't win on the PGA Tour with 2-way misses. I do believe that his off the course troubles have hurt him, but I think the reason why he's struggled is mainly due to his swing and I have always thought that it was a matter of time before it goes bad. 99.9% of the world is not going to hit consistently good golf shots with the swing issues he has. And I may be generous in saying that.

3JACK

From the drills and swing rehearsals he's been doing, it looks like Tiger has been working mostly on less head movement and a more vertical hand path at startdown. He has talked about getting less laid off and his takeaway hand path has changed, so I'm sure he is working on that too.

Regarding the laid off position at the top, he has made a lot of swings that aren't laid off, so I don't think it is a difficult thing for him to do. The problem IMO is that he doesn't always get positive feedback. Many times when he makes a swing that is close to "on the line," he hits it left. If he is going to change the backswing, he has to make a downswing that rewards him for it. IMO, the high right shoulder is the main problem, but I'm sure there are some other problems as well.

i didn't get to see him at all today but he doesn't need months of work, he needs someone to tell him that haney's stuff was absolute junk and he wasted his time. Fix the laid off, strengthen the grip and a little the ball would fly so much better tiger would be stunned and he'd go win majors again.

that's it

I think thats ridiculous.

"Tiger Haney sucked and got you laid off, dont roll #3 as much and get on plane sooner"............"ok thanks".......four days later he is back to dominating. I dont think so. He needs time to fix what was broken and then some time to make it repetitive and comfortable, its going to take the off season.

I didn't see his swing. I figure Foley will get his hand path more inside, but believe me...that won't cure a laid off move by itself. The left forearm flying wedge cannot over-rotate. IMO, all the laid off stuff is really about what the #3 PP is doing in the backswing. 'Pop Out' usually causes that #3 PP to rotate too much.

3JACK

Good stuff, seen some videos and books on that stuff.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I think thats ridiculous.

"Tiger Haney sucked and got you laid off, dont roll #3 as much and get on plane sooner"............"ok thanks".......four days later he is back to dominating. I dont think so. He needs time to fix what was broken and then some time to make it repetitive and comfortable, its going to take the off season.

you are entitled to your opinion and i accept that, but it really is that simple.

Took me about 3 weeks to get rid of it, although I didn't have it as ingrained as Tiger did...but I'm not in the same galaxy of talent as Tiger and I don't play golf for a living.

The laid off move really screws Tiger up because now he gets 2-way misses instead of 1-way misses and you can't win on the PGA Tour with 2-way misses. I do believe that his off the course troubles have hurt him, but I think the reason why he's struggled is mainly due to his swing and I have always thought that it was a matter of time before it goes bad. 99.9% of the world is not going to hit consistently good golf shots with the swing issues he has. And I may be generous in saying that.

3JACK

Richie, do you mean #3 PA instead of pressure point?

Tiger's working the centered pivot(Foley is leaning left) and working on his impact and finish on the practice tee as shown on Directv's marquee channel.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Foley might have a plan. Working on a stationary head might just give him something to work on. Too early to implement anything radical. May just be slowly working into the bigger changes. Just a thought. Whoever said a still head wont fix #3 is def right.

Status
Not open for further replies.