Tiger's Knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the nature of the injury and how it affects him?

For instance, if someone bumps his knee or brushes against it while he's standing, does he get a searing pain in the joint? Does the bone itself feel like it's kind of bruised? Does he have to concentrate all the time on keeping some tension in his leg muscles to stabilise the knee?

When he's walking down the fairway does his gait make it look as though he's pacing out the yardage?

Can he still train hard in the gym despite all this?

Does his physio burst into tears because she doesn't know how to fix it?

Just wondering...

Just goes to show that having 100s of millions dont protect you from incompetent and/or charlatan doctors.

Just goes to show that having 100s of millions dont protect you from incompetent and/or charlatan doctors.

Or how the mind affects the body.

I never followed TW's career, so when I looked at his injuries over the years I was astonished at how similar they were to mine, and it takes a lot to astonish me. The same business turned me into a semi-cripple for about seven years. The neck injury too, I know all about that.

Of course I investigated and researched my own problems, but found little. The injury didn't have a name, just a generic category.

Do Tiger's doctors think there's not really much wrong with the knee? Do they think he's shamming?

People think it's mental, or a lack of heart, but I know otherwise. All the money, doctors, and operations in the world won't help until he finds the real cause. I wish him the best of luck - he's going to need it.

the knee is a very fragile joint area, if TW injured his meniscus or MCL or ACL even surgery may not ever get it back too 100%. I am guessing that with the force he applies against the ground as well as rotationally that he just keeps making it worse. These kinds of injuries can be career ending. TW is way too tough and has accomplished so much that I seriously doubt it is mental and I would bet my house that he isn't faking. Sometimes the body just won't hold up to what the mind wants it to do.

Do Tiger's doctors think there's not really much wrong with the knee? Do they think he's shamming?

People think it's mental, or a lack of heart, but I know otherwise. All the money, doctors, and operations in the world won't help until he finds the real cause. I wish him the best of luck - he's going to need it.

I believe he was/is in pain and quite possibly has a diagnosable injury. As I said in another Woods thread, I had 3 left knee surgeries before I was 22 or 23 years old including an ACL reconstruction--that was 20 years ago and before I took up golf. Twisting around an extended or near extended left knee is certain pain and swelling for my knee and I only hit balls 3-4 days a week. I have to compensate by allowing the left foot to "spin out" some. With the similar surgeries that Woods has had, he can't physically do what he is used to doing in his swing and as Brian pointed out, his current swing coach's weight left and move further left swing can't be helping.

My comment about the mind body connection was suggesting the stresses he has off the course take their toll on the endocrine system which stresses his body's natural homeostasis let alone does not allow his body to recover from workouts, practice sessions and tournaments as it could/should.

Status
Not open for further replies.