Tiger's "Woeful" Ballstriking Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool. jack johnson's stats was probably worse back in time but he won the master. So what does that tell you? Stats don't mean jack. Someday you just are really good...and some other are just average..then you win.

cool. jack johnson's stats was probably worse back in time but he won the master. So what does that tell you? Stats don't mean jack. Someday you just are really good...and some other are just average..then you win.

Who the hay is Jack Johnson and what stats are you trying to compare Tiger's with? Stats don't mean jack? Wow...... now that's an interesting statement. I might even use the term "baloney" in response.

Vjcapron's info is a bit telling..... the number one player in the world has mediocre ball-striking stats (in terms of accuracy). That leads me to believe (at first glance) that his (the number 1 golfer in the world) short game is off the charts. How else does he win?

Yet most of this forum (and all other forums) are focused on the full swing. Is that because most golfers can't hit a full shot for "you-know-what", so the short game is a non-factor in terms of scoring? Or do golfers in general simply not comprehend how important the short game is in relationship to scoring?

Who the hay is Jack Johnson and what stats are you trying to compare Tiger's with? Stats don't mean jack? Wow...... now that's an interesting statement. I might even use the term "baloney" in response.

Vjcapron's info is a bit telling..... the number one player in the world has mediocre ball-striking stats (in terms of accuracy). That leads me to believe (at first glance) that his (the number 1 golfer in the world) short game is off the charts. How else does he win?

Yet most of this forum (and all other forums) are focused on the full swing. Is that because most golfers can't hit a full shot for "you-know-what", so the short game is a non-factor in terms of scoring? Or do golfers in general simply not comprehend how important the short game is in relationship to scoring?
i feel like his stats..aren't as important as his mentality. that's all i'm trying to say

ej20

New
Tiger's only played a few events after coming back from surgery so give him a break.

People forget he has led the tour in end of season greens in regulation five times already so he's not a poor ball striker.

His driving is not that bad either.He knows where his bad drives go and most of the time he still has a good chance to make the green.It's all planned,no luck involved.20+ majors is all but done unless he gets the putting yips.

Guitar Hero

I followed Tiger the last round and his swing looks great. If you get the chance to see Tiger play live in 3-D you will see just how good his swing is. The 2-D video we see on TV has too many illusions. I mentioned in another post about his new wrist set and hand path. This new change controls the club path and club face like never before. Tiger will have many wins including majors this year if his knee holds up and I think it will.

I do believe that he is not striking it as well as he should be right now, but I also believe, as GH alluded to he is still working on things ie hand path,arc..etc. His numbers are down now, but I believe they will be just as good if not better as in the past by the end of the year. Tiger is always at the top of GIR and by the end of the season he will be once again.

lol i think he meant ZACH johnson

Jack Johnson..u know the dood who plays country music..

Guitar Hero

Jack Johnson..u know the dood who plays country music..

Jack Johnson the Heavy Weight Champion.

200px-Jack_Johnson1.jpg

stats are mislieading and can say anything you want them to say. He hit 68% of the greens in doral and 61% of the fairways. Not bad
bay hill, super windy and hard greens, some say it "played like a major" so hit a good shot and the wind blows it offline.

vandal

New
His stats are so bad that he should leave his coach and go back to the teacher he had when he won all those amateur majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.