Tim Clark swing, 2010 Players Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admire Tim Clark's classic swing, straight leg on the backswing, inside takeaway of the hands and a high right flying elbow. Brian should really like this swing. Thoughts everyone?

Really??? I had the TV muted and was watching it while cleaning my clubs in the kitchen (getting ready for a tournament tomorrow) while the wife was watching something else in the adjacent room.

Guess I have a good eye :)

yes. he said it, referring mostly to the backswing as I recall.

but as is always the case with 2D, I thought the camera angle was quite a bit off to make that assumption.

ZAP

New
I caught that Johnny Miller comment. I was rooting for Westwood. We were joking about Clark not having forearms.

I caught that Johnny Miller comment. I was rooting for Westwood. We were joking about Clark not having forearms.

He has a congenital condition and is unable to pronate his hands/forearms--basically is a fusion of the ulna and radius at either the wrist or toward the elbow, I can't remember which right now, but it is a rare condition. That's why he doesn't have much forearm musculature.

Last edited:

TaylorMadeAP25

TimClarrrk.jpg

I guess he usually only hits it 265-270, but hits it really straight. That drive he hit on 18 was long and money, what a shot. S&T or not, dude can hit it! Awesome performance!

IMO, the 4 best players in the world right now are Mickelson, Allenby, Westwood and T. Clark.

Last edited:

ZAP

New
He has a congenital condition and is unable to pronate his hands/forearms--basically is a fusion of the ulna and radius at either the wrist or toward the elbow, I can't remember which right now, but it is a rare condition. That's why he doesn't have much forearm musculature.

We knew that. It started out as a discussion of whether it was an advantage for him in terms of hitting it straight. I give him a ton of credit for figuring it out.

btp

New
He used to keep his arms close together. It didn't look like he was doing that much this past week.

Isn't he the first one to win an almost major using a long putter.

He turns his hips relatively flat for S and T, his right leg straightens, but his hips don't tilt as much as other S and T ers. I think he has a really good swing, some of the slow motion movements on tv were really impressive in terms of impact and follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.