Tired of the snow, going away, need quickfix

Status
Not open for further replies.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaB5Tg_hc9A[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv7Du8FDz5M[/media]

OK, still half a metre of snow here. Most northern (3 yr) member/Manzelloid on the planet?

Going to Sicily on Tuesday with five other aging hackers. Just like me interested, almost passionate people devoid of golfing talent.

Here just mindlessly whaling away, rusty since September.

Trying a SDish backswing with limited forearm rotation and a narrow DS hand path.

Always had an open face, losing it again here in the DS. Lots of unnecessary movement as always... guessing this driver would go 75 yds left...?

Again with these cameras?? Which one is this and was your shutter speed set high enough? Didn't see the club too well on the downswing.

Re swing you are definitely lagging the hosel...could be in part to not wanting to take a divot out of your deck!!

Have fun in warm country and maybe employ some twistaway.

Sicily eh? The clubface does look wide open, and I think your guess is correct as to where the ball would go. You stand up on the way down and when the club is parallel for the last time it seems to be pretty far behind you.

I'm not a golf instructor, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but here's what I think you should do:

1) Lag the sweet spot into impact. I guess this would mean adding some down-arch.
2) Swing more across your right leg. If you look at your DTL swing video, try swinging more towards that post on the right.
3) Wait for Brian or one of the other educated minds to help you.
4) Enjoy Sicily, it's a beautiful place. It'd be even more beautiful, but the Mafia "intercepts" a lot of government funding which would otherwise go to public sanitation and road repair. Buon viaggio.

Quality problems

I think it´s low light conditions mainly. 300 fps mode EX-F1.

Like others have said, if you try these "faster" transitions in search of a bit of lag ( bend the shaft, interrupt BS with DS, thinking narrow hand and shaft path...) at least for the looooow talent guy...

it´s very hard to keep the hands twisted-arched / the club toe pointing forward /turned off the plane...

Hand strength issue or just plain inability?

If I had a less open clubface coming into the ball, would my brain then remove this silly DS pivot?

Perhaps a patient suited for the Short and Sweet pattern?

Last edited:
If you're doing an SD backswing, you should get on your rear foot more in the backswing.

You have no where to go on the downswing, so consequently there is a lot of hang-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.