toe hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original question about toe hits.

One more question Dale, if you are talking about toe hits, do you mean the ball is hitting the toe of the club head. Assuming if you are having a inside to sqaure swing path, if you are having a toe-hit. Are you hitting it a little bit fat? Just a rough guess, just a matter of interest
toe-hits.jpg

dale47

New
quote:Originally posted by oztrainee

The original question about toe hits.

One more question Dale, if you are talking about toe hits, do you mean the ball is hitting the toe of the club head. Assuming if you are having a inside to sqaure swing path, if you are having a toe-hit. Are you hitting it a little bit fat? Just a rough guess, just a matter of interest
toe-hits.jpg

Hi Oz,
LOL...good guess ! Yes. Now you gotta explain how you figured this out to me. Throwaway ?

My coach Lee taught me that. So, is that a right guess? Golf is all about, if you got a solution today, you will need another solution tomorrow, isn't it.
Hitting fat shot is one of the hardest thing to fix, it could be
Balance - where some people is thinking too much of having a while extension where they are putting too much weight at the back(rear). Some people are having a disconnected arm on their take away. I think the name of the game is to focus more on the nuclear (The fix centre).
If your low centre of balance is off to the rear, then very likely you are hitting the ground before the ball. Making the swing compact is quite useful, and if I am correct if people can focus more on the wrist action and hinging rather then the body, they will have a much better balance and easier to control the swing path.
To be honest, I am a bit confuse, and this is why I am here.. Brain could you help?

One of way that I use of trying to hit the inside-aft quadrant, is to get your mind to focus on hitting the ball with an open club face. FORM FOLLOW FUNCTION.
And to maintain the flat left wrist, is so difficult...I am not sure this is a good way to do it, but I think working on the top hand grip (little finger and the pad) and try to grip it soft (both forearm and hand) would help a lot.

According to Mr. Kelley, "any over-acceleration or pushing away
of the club will eliminate the lag, never to be re-attained for
that shot".

What that mean is about resist any attempt “flicking” the wrists near impact. But what I am not sure of is whether we are allow to flick our left wrist (providing if we are maintaining the flat left wrist shape)
<Cocking and uncocking motion, the vertical motion I am talking about, where cocking and uncocking motion is a flicking motion too> Not sure we can do that action fast or we have to work it on an constant accelration.

I am a bit confuse here, could someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.