Toe Shots with NHA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved to this pattern. Major improvement since I had become a hooker/pusher. I had a few pulls which I figured out why but....had a lot of toe shots with the irons. Way out on the shiney, smooth part.

What's up with that???

Hey Bill, you are going to fall in love with her. Just got back from playing and I'm hitting it further than last year with Soft Draw. Drove a shorter par 4 twice. I've had a few toe shots myself with this new pattern and yes, the distance sucks from them.

Say goodbye to hooks forever and say hello to Downtown Judy Brown Right Down the Middle (whatever the hell that means).

Hey Bill, you are going to fall in love with her. Just got back from playing and I'm hitting it further than last year with Soft Draw. Drove a shorter par 4 twice. I've had a few toe shots myself with this new pattern and yes, the distance sucks from them.

Say goodbye to hooks forever and say hello to Downtown Judy Brown Right Down the Middle (whatever the hell that means).

So, you are using SD or NHA?? I am using NHA.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Direction is good as far as flight. Just shorter (and much more harsh) because of the toe hit. So, would that mean maybe just the too far left is in play???

The toe hit is from coming in too steep and above plane and swinging too far left. Essentially you need more "drop" before you "rotate" when you hit it on the toe.

Burner

New
Jim, what drills to you recommend undo the toe hits? This has plagued me for a long time.

Try putting a tee peg in the ground one inch on the target side of your ball and in line with its outside edge.

The idea is to hit the ball, then the tee peg, and still feel as if you are trying to swing over shortstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.