tongzilla's pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZ

New
Solid Rhythm, but not as solid as earlier clips I had seen. Setup looks a touch cramped. I agree Erik, nice loading.

Add a slight bit of extensor action and keep that Rhythm smoooooth.

great motion Leo ;)

STT winds up the flywheel. The BS looks a little old fashioned with the hands leaving the clubhead behind. Nice transition with the previously noted lag. Although the shaft can't be seen, the hand orientation before impact indicate that the shaft is horizontal in the frame before impact. Good passive bent right arm through impact. The next frame after the ball disappears, notice the small square area of light which shows the left arm separating from the body. This could indicate some independent left arm action in an effort to keep the hands above the clubhead well past impact. Good rotation all the way to the finish. This is an excellent, max participation, 3-barrel Swing. I'd like to see the DTL perspective, and also the "still head" version for comparison.

Great job tongzilla and Brian in building a solid pattern!

Leo,
Kudos for posting your swing. Everyone should be required to post his own swing to
be able to comment on others' swings. Mine can be found on OHP's website.
That's a youthful move. I like the standard hip action among other things.
I'd call it Big Pivot Switting..but I'll save that for another time.
When did you start playing?

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Youre right Billy many can quote the book but demonstration of youre own proceedure and demonstration of different component variations is a must, to back it up!

quote:Originally posted by billmckinneygolf

Leo,
Kudos for posting your swing. Everyone should be required to post his own swing to
be able to comment on others' swings. Mine can be found on OHP's website.
That's a youthful move. I like the standard hip action among other things.
I'd call it Big Pivot Switting..but I'll save that for another time.
When did you start playing?

So bill - should we just ignore the post or only say "Thanks" because we haven't posted our own video?

I can't find any link to your swing on ohp.

MJ wrote: <The next frame after the ball disappears, notice the small square area of light which shows the left arm separating from the body. This could indicate some independent left arm action in an effort to keep the hands above the clubhead well past impact. >

Not necessarily. Lots of great ball strikers show this. I don't see it as a fault. Tonzialla shows the benefits of being young. Great flexibility and power. Overall, a pro caliber swing.

Thanks for the complements!

Right Forearm Pickup

Hand Controlled Pivot (5-0)

Triple Barrel Stroke (10-4-C-4)

Drag Loading (10-19-B/C)

Pitch Basic Stroke (10-3-B)

Standard Pivot (10-12-A)
Standard Shoulder Turn (10-13-A)
Slide Hip Turn (10-14-B)
Delayed Hip Action (10-15-B)
Standard Knee Action (10-16-A) [Right knee straightens but not straight]
Flat Left Foot Action (10-17-C)

90% Lag Pressure (2-M-2-1)
Maximum Swing Radius (2-M-2-2)
Longest Acceleration Time (2-M-2-3)
Shortest Release Interval (2-M-2-4)

quote:Originally posted by billmckinneygolf

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

Ed - Thanks, but that's a pitch shot, not a full swing.
I'm worried it won't be as good as Alford's when he posts his.

By the time that happens, the only swing you'll be worrying about is the one on the front porch of your retirement villa. [:p]

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

Right Forearm Pickup

Your shoulders are moving your arms from the git-go, cranking all the way to a 90+ deg wind up. No way is that RFT!

Right Forearm Pickup because my Educated Hands is telling my Right Forearm to Trace the Straight Plane Line. Per 10-24-F, the Shoulder Turn "Takeaway" produces a curved Plane Shift by both the Hands and Clubhead. Although I do shift from the Elbow Plane to the Turned Shoulder Plane, I continue to Trace a Straight Plane Line, not a Bent/Curved one.

My Pivot has responded to the dictatorship role of my Hands. There is no way for my Hands to get to where they are at the Top of the Backstroke while maintaining the necessary Alignments, without my shoulders turning the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.