Tour Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale47

New
Happy Holidays All,
Good ole St. Nick brought me a great present today,guess I was good boy..lol. It's a training device called the Pure Striker. It was invented by one of very own members and I think its awesome!! Check it out here.......... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0LSjSp0pw&feature=channel_page[/media].
Its winter here in Pittsburgh and I've been looking for a great teaching aid and I think I found it. I've only used it for chips and small pitches so far. All I can say is it works, to hit the ball properly with it you MUST hit down and thru. Great product by one of our own !!

Thanks

Happy Holidays All,
Good ole St. Nick brought me a great present today,guess I was good boy..lol. It's a training device called the Pure Striker. It was invented by one of very own members and I think its awesome!! Check it out here.......... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0LSjSp0pw&feature=channel_page[/media].
Its winter here in Pittsburgh and I've been looking for a great teaching aid and I think I found it. I've only used it for chips and small pitches so far. All I can say is it works, to hit the ball properly with it you MUST hit down and thru. Great product by one of our own !!

Hi Dale47,

I'm glad you like it. I hope the weather improves so you can hit some balls outside!

Take care and Happy Holidays,

Martin

dale47

New
It's like 70 here in Pittsburgh but the courses are totally soaked from all the rain we've had lately. So I took this thing to the range today to hit some full shots with it. I gotta say, this thing is pretty good. My first dozen shots were totally embarrasing. Then I started to relax a bit and let the club lag a little more than I'm used to and I started to hit some really good shots! I thought I would hit it low, but I didn't. It's definitely given my swing a different sense of timing.

It's like 70 here in Pittsburgh but the courses are totally soaked from all the rain we've had lately. So I took this thing to the range today to hit some full shots with it. I gotta say, this thing is pretty good. My first dozen shots were totally embarrasing. Then I started to relax a bit and let the club lag a little more than I'm used to and I started to hit some really good shots! I thought I would hit it low, but I didn't. It's definitely given my swing a different sense of timing.

Curious: when you say embarrassing do you mean that you felt you had a sound action already and this proved otherwise? I'm interested to know if it surprises others who are low cappers.

Could this thing promote too much forward lean?

I always wanted to hit some balls in the snow. :D

Curious: when you say embarrassing do you mean that you felt you had a sound action already and this proved otherwise? I'm interested to know if it surprises others who are low cappers.

I know there's been a ton of discussion about too much lean in recent weeks on the forum. In my experience, this is pretty isolated to excellent players and their longer clubs.

I've been teaching a long time and with few exceptions, can say that I haven't seen too many folks over lean the shaft. Mind you, I haven't worked with but a handful of tour players.

I think players need to learn how to lean the shaft any way they want. Most players can't do this at all.

Without modifying ball position, really sound strikers can vary their trajectory by applying different amounts of lean at impact.

This training club teaches a minimum of 3 degrees of forward lean with 5-8 being optimal for the loft.

Bottom line; once you can do it, you'll know it.

Cheers,

Martin

I know there's been a ton of discussion about too much lean in recent weeks on the forum. In my experience, this is pretty isolated to excellent players and their longer clubs.

I've been teaching a long time and with few exceptions, can say that I haven't seen too many folks over lean the shaft. Mind you, I haven't worked with but a handful of tour players.

I think players need to learn how to lean the shaft any way they want. Most players can't do this at all.

Without modifying ball position, really sound strikers can vary their trajectory by applying different amounts of lean at impact.

This training club teaches a minimum of 3 degrees of forward lean with 5-8 being optimal for the loft.

Cheers,

Martin

looks awesome martin... micah.dashfan87@gmail.com email me with info on how to get one. thanks!

ggsjpc

New
intriguing

I love the idea of letting the student learn for themselves. There's a lot of data supporting retention of a motor skill due to self discovery and serious cognitive attention.

dale47

New

Hi VC,
My action is ok....but I've been a good flipper since I started golf in the late 60's. My miss is usually low on the face and a pull. There is no "low" on this face, "Tour Striker". If I flip.......I miss.
I was able to do a good bit of golfing last year at Mystic Rock golf course,home of the former 84 Lumber Classic here in Pa.. The course has very tightly mowned fairways. In those conditions,the true flipper comes out in you . I had alway's got away with being a "scuffer',but not on that course. I'm hoping this aid helps me fix some things.

Cheers,

Martin

Thanks Martin. I sure I don't lean the shaft too much. 5-8 degrees doesn't appear like it would get you in too much trouble.

I feel like I control the lean fairly well - but still curious to try this to see if my feel is real.

You think this would be good for juniors? (with the right sized club)

CANAM

Yo Martin you moved to the US eh?

(phoe net icks!)

After college, I never really went back! A few years on the CanTour and to visit the family and that's about it. After almost getting rolled by a couple of the natives in the 'Peg, it was time to go:)

I've thought about moving back to TO, but as you know, decent golf jobs are tough to get.

Martin,

I'm from Winnipeg, and I certainly hope that that experience hasn't soured you on our good city!! If you're ever in town, I'll take on the role of good will ambassador, and there's a round of golf at St. Charles Country Club on me!!

Stew

P.S. - Love the idea of the Tour Striker! Looks like a wonderful aid!

Ah yes The Peg. Even colder than here. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

St. Charles is great!!! Nice place. (I would not spit on the ground- and I like spittin')

Played it once already.....the manager is a family friend.

All the best with the teaching biz Martin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.