Tour Tempo device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone familiar with the Tour Tempo (microPlayer) device? I was given one and curious to the benefits, etc before I use it.
thanks

I bought one and used it a few times. It's stuffed away somewhere. I didn't find it useful, but I bore easily.

It's like a digital metronome that has various tone patterns. Doesn't require much explanation.

is anyone familiar with the Tour Tempo (microPlayer) device? I was given one and curious to the benefits, etc before I use it.
thanks

It has a series of tones at a 3-to-1 ratio for the full swing: 27:9, 24:8, & 21:7 where 30 units equals 1 second. It should also have some short game tones at more even ratios. The idea is to start back when you here the first tone, start down after hearing the second tone, and contact the ball at the instant you here the third tone. They've found that amateur’s swings take way too long compared to tour player’s swings. This is especially true of the backswing. The 3-to-1 ratio was picked based on measuring many tour swings (Nancy Lopez not withstanding:D). For me, the best thing the device does is get me to quit thinking about mechanics and just rip it.

I have the Tour Tempo book and CD. I find it very useful in doing just that: controlling your tempo. You hear a series of beeps (or the words, "swing, set, through) and you time your takeaway, top-of-swing and impact to those beeps. It will improve your tempo even if you just listen the CD in your car. I firmly believe that this product would fix Charles Barkley's "problem" unless he is tone-deaf or has absolutely no rhythm.

I used to listen to the 27:9 track via my bluetooth headset whilst driving to the course.

Just after I started doing this - literally the first few weeks... I shot a round of par - then a round with 7 birdies out of 18 (but quite a few doubles too unfortunately).

I've slacked off lately using it... not much time for playing lately, but it works in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.