Tracing plane line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this reference alot - tracing a straight plane line.

A search doesn't show up any specifics that show exactly what this is.

Has there been a specific thread on this topic or has there been video of it?

Wolfman said:
I see this reference alot - tracing a straight plane line.

A search doesn't show up any specifics that show exactly what this is.

Has there been a specific thread on this topic or has there been video of it?

No video demo that I have seen on this website but it is simple enough in theory.

The easy thing to do is get a laser trainer ( laser in butt of grip and shaft) and then swing - checking that at all points in time one of the lasers is pointing along the straight plane line. Obviously, when the club is parallel to ground the lights don't point at line - they should point parallel to plane line.

You can improvise with a standard rubber grip and place small powerful torch in butt and shaft end. Some prefer this because the beam is bigger and easier to see.

Technically you may not be tracing the Sweetspot plane line and some like the idea of tracing with lens of torch in pressure point 3 location BUT this basic set up will get most people tracing something like a straight plane line.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Manzella Video 1-4 "The Movie"

In NEVER HOOK AGAIN, I show the "Follow the Yellow book road" drill for straight plane line tracing, which is the BEST DRILL of all time for this.

Brian, I re-watched Never Hook Again and didn't see the mention of the Follow the yellow brick road drill. Is it just taking the clubhead up the wall?

Never Hook Again

Thanks. I have that. Must watch again.

I've done the "torch" thing on a wooden dowel. Taped one onto each end with duct tape. Didn't connect TTPL with that drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.