Trackman Newsletter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tman stats are up and there's a reason you don't hear the fun bunch rail against them. I can play and have distance to burn. They don't. Of course, Voldemort stayed at a Holiday Inn once and years ago played in an individual match at his local club so he has experience playing under pressure.

I'll never put my swing up because I couldn't stop myself from getting into a shouting match with a bunch of hacks telling me all of my errors.

Last edited:
My Tman stats are up and there's a reason you don't hear the fun bunch rail against them. I can play and have distance to burn. They don't. Of course, Voldemort stayed at a Holiday Inn once and years ago played in an individual match at his local club so he has experience playing under pressure.

I'll never put my swing up because I couldn't stop myself from getting into a shouting match with a bunch of hacks telling me all of my errors.

I just think it's wrong to attack a video of an amateur's swing when you're not even willing to make your own swing available for viewing. That is serious chutzpah.

It's more wrong for amateurs to parade around like scientists or claim to be correct when then don't even play with golfers at a high amateur of professional level.

Which amateur swing did I attack? Jeffy's? Enough said. Octopus from the sky with spinal stenosis, but he has all the answers and he AVOIDS posting impact data because it probably sucks. Not sure I've criticized anyone else.

Last edited:
It's more wrong for amateurs to parade around like scientists or claim to be correct when then don't even play with golfers at a high amateur of professional level.

Which amateur swing did I attack? Jeffy's? Enough said. Octopus from the sky with spinal stenosis, but he has all the answers and he AVOIDS posting impact data because it probably sucks. Not sure I've criticized anyone else.

No, it is not "more wrong." There are tons and tons of scratch players and even tour pros who pull rank to spout all kinds of nonsense. I don't have an obligation to just sit here and believe it all because I'm a 10-handicap.

It's quite another thing entirely to rip into the flaws in someone else's swing when you're not even willing to make yours available for viewing.

It is more wrong!

Who else am I ripping? If it's Jeffy, he welcomes such input and deserves to be critiqued.

Why would I seek out information from inferior players/teachers? That makes no sense and you won't improve that way. I need instruction from better players or those who've been around better players. Plenty of do nothing's who think they know how good players play.

Maybe you should do the same!

Video lessons aren't that effective for me unless i've already been seen by an instructor. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
"Also anyone else think its funny they use high speed cameras to verify their measurements?"

Not me.

How else would you suggest doing it? Oh, I know, one camera used in total ignorance of all the camera setup variables defined in the article.

Get the amateurs off the field and let the pros show how it is done. And maybe if the amateurs didn't have their heads up their asses they could learn something.

Last edited:
It is more wrong!

Who else am I ripping? If it's Jeffy, he welcomes such input and deserves to be critiqued.

Why would I seek out information from inferior players/teachers? That makes no sense and you won't improve that way. I need instruction from better players or those who've been around better players. Plenty of do nothing's who think they know how good players play.

Maybe you should do the same!

Video lessons aren't that effective for me unless i've already been seen by an instructor. Just my opinion.

I think this is a bit of a straw man argument. I don't think that Jeff considers himself an extraordinary golf instructor who can get instant and incredible results from any mid-handicapper he meets on the range. It's not like Jeff expects anyone to pay him for online instruction or anything. Heck, I have arguments with him about golf concepts all the time.

Jeff just has an ability to notice it when some guys are pulling arguments out of their ass with very flimsy evidence or reasoning to back it up. Instructors who are good players are not exempt from making sense and Jeff is making sure that they aren't.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I think this is a bit of a straw man argument. I don't think that Jeff considers himself an extraordinary golf instructor who can get instant and incredible results from any mid-handicapper he meets on the range. It's not like Jeff expects anyone to pay him for online instruction or anything. Heck, I have arguments with him about golf concepts all the time.

Jeff just has an ability to notice it when some guys are pulling arguments out of their ass with very flimsy evidence or reasoning to back it up. Instructors who are good players are not exempt from making sense and Jeff is making sure that they aren't.

Lifter, he has taken things that have plenty of evidence and twisted them to fit his deal and you know it. The fact that you are friends with that loser makes it very tough to take you seriously here even though I believe you're sincere. Whenever Greg and coach post here everyone's radar goes up because they say things over there that speak for themselves.

The day Jeffy tried to compare an individual club match with high amateur golf is the day I knew he didn't know what he was talking about when it comes to executing under pressure. I care about impact which is why I post Tman info. Jeffy? He likes looks.

I think it does, yea, I am more open to other peoples ideas. Not as quick to dimiss things.

Yes, not going to disagree, I certainly feel like there is more partisan bias on this site to ideas presented by its auther, which is also fine, but something I feel is an accurate statement.

Never said that, ever.

Not all but some.

This is a silly statement. I have aquired instruction from many many places, and only half of them are high handicappers :p

Really lets not turn this into a personal thing when the discussion involves Trackman admitting Rate of Closure does impact ball flight.

We should only quickly dismiss things that we know are factually wrong. It's a waste of our time if we don't.

[...] I don't think that Jeff considers himself an extraordinary golf instructor who can get instant and incredible results from any mid-handicapper he meets on the range. ...

Really? If this was Jeff's forum you'd be required to post some supporting evidence.

And you'd be shit out of luck in my view.

Lifter, he has taken things that have plenty of evidence and twisted them to fit his deal and you know it. The fact that you are friends with that loser makes it very tough to take you seriously here even though I believe you're sincere. Whenever Greg and coach post here everyone's radar goes up because they say things over there that speak for themselves.

Alright, yes, Jeff's behavior toward some on this forum has been over-the-top rude. No doubt about it. Maybe he should take a Dale Carnegie class. There might even by certain cases where he hasn't been totally objective. Wouldn't surprise me. It's very easy to slip from fact-finding to trying to stir up and win an argument by any means necessary. And there is a real difference.

I'm trying my best to avoid having that happen to me. cwdlaw223 actually said something very insightful about me the other day:

I get the feeling that Lifter truly wants to learn and he pulls from various sources. Very easy for the written word to be misconstrued at times. We need people to respectfully question.....

I thought that was an excellent observation. I do actually pull from various sources. There's a lot of great stuff out there from a variety of people. But sometimes those very same people also provide information that I disagree with. It's a mixed-bag.

Oh well, that's just the way it is. No one ever said golf is easy!

Lifter -

I have hope for you skywalker!

Sometimes you need to protect your mind from others. Someone will always dislike your swing and it's hard to get that out of ones brain. I only want the negative from people I trust.

mgranato, you're a hilarious guy and I love your personality. That being said.......lighten up, my friend. This is not life or death. Look at the big picture. You're arguing about golf on the Internet, for goodness sake. :)

I'm with you brother!

But... I'm funny how? Funny like a clown?

goodfellas-movie-quote-funny-how-pesci.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.