TrackMan session at Cool Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Clubs in Scottsdale, AZ. Amazing facility. The guys there are nice enough to let me hit some balls when the bays are not in use. Brought my Casio FH100. Mostly wanted to confirm my way of viewing Horizontal Swing Plane with video and V1against TrackMan measurements.

TrackMan, Casio, and V1......my gosh, there is NO better way to improve your swing. All those years I/we hit balls outside, trying to get better.....without these tools, it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.....in the dark. Practice in the light, my friends. My path is more clear now than ever. Must put together and teach in my own studio like this one. The layman golfer still thinks that this environment is not as good as hitting balls outdoors. They are correct. The studio is 100 times better. I was able to quickly respond to the data and adjust to produce optimum collision conditions. TrackMan is your friend.

I didn't spend too much time getting the video set up perfectly. But here's a swing from the session.

And here's a TrackMan screen shot from that swing
TrackManScreen.jpg

And a few shots of this awesome bay
CoolClubs1.jpg

CoolClubs2.jpg

The owner, Mark Timms, is a great guy and a brilliant club-fitter. "Clubfitter to the pros", really. He's not real keen on letting guys teach there, unfortunately. I think that a place like this that only does fittings and doesn't offer practice memberships and lessons is missing out on a huge opportunity. I really want to offer the full opportunity....somewhere. Anyone got a hundered grand that they want to put up?

Last edited:
The only problem I have with hitting indoors, even with Trackman is that it's a *lot* of money to get fitted with Trackman and get the club(s) you want. I'd prefer a Trackman outdoors so I can read the data and make sure everything is kosher and actually see the ball fly.

3JACK

The only problem I have with hitting indoors, even with Trackman is that it's a *lot* of money to get fitted with Trackman and get the club(s) you want. I'd prefer a Trackman outdoors so I can read the data and make sure everything is kosher and actually see the ball fly.

3JACK

Yeah, that would be nice. But ideally, you want to hit from the same spot each time so that you can get TrackMan and the cameras positioned correctly without constantly needed to re-align everything. The controlled lab environment is perfectly suited for this. I guess the ultimate is the covered lab, but opened up to outdoors. But for me, TrackMan's ball flight model is so spot-on accurate, I don't feel like I need to see that actual ball flight. In fact, I'd rather see the normalized model flight, unaffected by wind.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
For the record, Cool Clubs, which is basically the "non-manufacturer-centric" un-Official Custom Club Fitter of the Brian Manzella Golf Academy, does fitting outdoors as well.

I have had students do both, and I prefer outdoors for the better player.

:)

3JACK

Last summer I toured a major club/ball mfg. testing facility. They were testing balls indoors in a confined space with an Iron Byron type machine.
The shot data was being recorded from a Trackman end of story.

For the record, Cool Clubs, which is basically the "non-manufacturer-centric" un-Official Custom Club Fitter of the Brian Manzella Golf Academy, does fitting outdoors as well.

I have had students do both, and I prefer outdoors for the better player.

:)

Sure, Cool Clubs and Hot Stix both feel strongly that fittings are best conducted outdoors. And they both do most of their fittings outdoors here in Scottsdale. Again, I just dig the indoor "lab" environment. And when the weather is crappy, which is all-to-often in northern climates, the lab is a no-brainer.

Todd, the exact type of facility that you are imagining will be up and running here in Vegas in approximately 45 days. Trackman, V1, Casio, etc...the whole nine yards. Absolutely no expense spared and no cutting any corners.

Todd, the exact type of facility that you are imagining will be up and running here in Vegas in approximately 45 days. Trackman, V1, Casio, etc...the whole nine yards. Absolutely no expense spared and no cutting any corners.

Where at in Vegas? I'll have to stop by sometime when visiting Vegas.

Bravo! Please let me know the person to send my resume to.

What's the official word on the indoor Trackman when it comes to data accuracy?

Well first that the indoor trackman and the outdoor trackman are the same hardware. ;) Only difference is the (pc based) software used.

Secondly the accuracy depends on the length of the ball flight. Less then 4 meters flight can introduce an error into the spin axis measurement.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
Well first that the indoor trackman and the outdoor trackman are the same hardware. ;) Only difference is the (pc based) software used.

Secondly the accuracy depends on the length of the ball flight. Less then 4 meters flight can introduce an error into the spin axis measurement.

Thanks. I should have been more specific. How accurate is it provided you have the recommended ~15 feet of flight? Do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.