Training the pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble with my pivot. Just for the record I have bought brians never hook again vid and confessions vid. I've read all the articles, so I know what I'm supposed to do, but I'm just not sure what drills and stuff I need to do in order to train it. I have my hip slide correctish but after my hips slide I seem to turn over plane as opposed to on or down plane. That cause either a block or a hook. So how can I train my pivot so I turn correctly. Thanks and if I need to buy anohter video just give me the word. Thanks again

Brian Manzella

Administrator
buy a couple of frisbees.

learn to throw them left handed

with a left to right flight

--------------------

get a bath towel

hold it in half with the loop as the clubhead and the open ends close by the grip

find something to hit

make sure that something is left of your left leg

WHOMP it!

-------------------------------

get a couple of junk clubs

go to a real big field

make sure no one else is there

grip and set up normal

throw the club as far as you can toward the target

-------------------------

if you are still having problems....it a'int your pivot

Brian, thanks for your continued help. I just got back from the range, it was probably the best I've hit in a long time, if ever. I finally got the dropping the club on the ball. Talk about effortless power, I mean POWER. Half the effort for at least 10 more yards and straight. I'm excited to practice these things and will report back, can't wait to get down to Louisville to see you one day. Thanks again.

quote:Originally posted by rchang72

quote:Originally posted by brianman

buy a couple of frisbees.

learn to throw them left handed

with a left to right flight
Why left to right?
That is the direction of the pulling turning pivot for a right handed golfer.

OOPS- Sorry rchang72- I didn't see the flight aspect of the frissbee in BM's post And his response below with the angle of attack of the throw. Makes sense. I was just training the pivot and BM was training the body, arm and hand.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Left to right LEFT HANDED frisbee throw......

...because you would get that if you were bent over like a golfer....baecuse the frisbee would be tilted that way....

ah!

Brian,
Just to add to the pivot feel for a swinger. Does it feel like an exchange of weight from one hip to the other, the "hula hoop" hip exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.