TSP to Ellbowplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear community,

as you can see in the following picture (please wait till it loads........

ricoi7dl.gif

i am swinging down the Turned Shoulder Plane till 2 frames before impact,
then I drop to the Ellbowplane.
Is this o.k. or should the hands also be on TSP Plane in impact ?
thanks in advance to you, for clarifiing this for me!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
:)

RicoSuave said:

Regardless of what anyone says about this—

Rico, it is ABSOLUTELY a perfect acceptable variation and one I used myself with GREAT success.

Is the ball going where you want it to?

Is the ball going where you want it to?
As I can remember (it was in the middle of this season) it started slightly right and came back with a nice draw.

So thank you so much Brian for your quick and positive response!

btw, should the right shoulder stay longer on the blue line ?

rundmc

Banned
RicoSuave said:
Dear community,

as you can see in the following picture (please wait till it loads........

ricoi7dl.gif

i am swinging down the Turned Shoulder Plane till 2 frames before impact,
then I drop to the Ellbowplane.
thanks in advance to you, for clarifiing this for me!

I think this is the best way to get it done. In my opinion you can't adhere to ONE plane. You'll be over once and under next. So if you pick this shift you know you are going to do it EVERY time.

Looks good!

Going Backwards

This is a player that a 'method teacher' could really cause to go backwards.

Lets see -

Head moved down a lot on the downswing -"gotta keep that head up so the neck is in line with the spine" - actually head is about where it should be at impact - neck parallel with the ground - eyes looking straight down at the ball).

Shaft plane at start down is too vertical - "gotta flatten that shaft" - looks pretty damn good in the foot before and the foot after the ball.

Right foot up too early - I would never touch it if it works.

I would say Rico is a very good ball striker - If he is not playing close to par, he needs to work on his short game and putting.

Only thing to refine his ball striking would be to 'educate the hands' to produce different ball flights.

Thats my $.02

Bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
blehnhard said:
This is a player that a 'method teacher' could really cause to go backwards.

Lets see -

Head moved down a lot on the downswing -"gotta keep that head up so the neck is in line with the spine" - actually head is about where it should be at impact - neck parallel with the ground - eyes looking straight down at the ball).

Shaft plane at start down is too vertical - "gotta flatten that shaft" - looks pretty damn good in the foot before and the foot after the ball.

Right foot up too early - I would never touch it if it works.

I would say Rico is a very good ball striker - If he is not playing close to par, he needs to work on his short game and putting.

Only thing to refine his ball striking would be to 'educate the hands' to produce different ball flights.

Thats my $.02

Bruce

Good post.

Rico keep it up!

Last edited:

rundmc

Banned
Brian Manzella said:
Good post.

Not sure about run/bucket/richard's post though, but Rico keep it up!
Why not? This must be piss on richie day. Cool with me. Do you have toxic shock syndrome or something?

Have a pleasant day!

rundmc

Banned
Look at all the "shifters" out there . . . Buck, Miller, Hogan, Nelson and the list goes on and on.

I'm trying to get a shift in my move. TSP to elbow. Can't do it right now.

Are there really that many people that actually stay on the same plane angle the whole time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Why would you want a shift if it is not your natural tendency? I say if you naturally shift or naturally stay on turned shoulder or naturally stay on some other plane and can trace a straight plane line then leave it be. Good friend of mine Tommy Moore spent the last few years of his life (and ruined his golfing career) trying to change to a shift. He won on the nationwide tour without the shift. Same is true for the opposite.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
rundmc said:
Look at all the "shifters" out there . . . Buck, Miller, Hogan, Nelson and the list goes on and on.

I'm trying to get a shift in my move. TSP to elbow. Can't do it right now.

Are there really that many people that actually stay on the same plane angle the whole time?

I'm with Tom.

Run,

Why don't you post your swing on here, and I'll do some "work" on it. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can just send to me and I'll email you what I think.

Hope you work out this issue with your game.

BriManz

rundmc

Banned
Brian Manzella said:
I'm with Tom.

Run,

Why don't you post your swing on here, and I'll do some "work" on it. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can just send to me and I'll email you what I think.

Hope you work out this issue with your game.

BriManz

I don't know how to post my swing. I got a camera . . . but it's 8mm and I don't know how to convert it.

Anyway . . . My problem is a bent plane line. I got too much out. Imperatives are OK . . . but my plane isn't. So y'all are probably correct . . . don't need to shift. I may need to FEEL LIKE it shifts.

Let me ask you and Tom this . . . if you start from an address position where the right forearm ISN'T on Plane (which I do), then don't you HAVE TO Shift?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
rundmc said:
Let me ask you and Tom this . . . if you start from an address position where the right forearm ISN'T on Plane (which I do), then don't you HAVE TO Shift?

Let me ask you this...if you start from an address position where the right forearm is on plane, could you be on the elbow plane at address?

rundmc

Banned
Brian Manzella said:
Let me ask you this...if you start from an address position where the right forearm is on plane, could you be on the elbow plane at address?

Good question . . . I'd say it'd be tough. You'd have to have a lot of knee bend and waist bend wouldn't you? Hell if I know. What do you think?

This is just me . . . I think if you are a swinger there are advantages to having the hands at standard address that override the forearm being on plane at address. If you hit then I reckon having the forearm on plane makes more sense. Bottom line and I think this was said by Mr. K or in the book or something . . . if you know the fix/impact alignments then it don't really matter how you set up.

Do you shift?

rundmc

Banned
Brian Manzella said:
You'd be wrong.

Ok . . .again I ain't no teacher . . . you axed . . . I told you what I thought . . . qualified it with "Hell if I know." so how DO you do it?

Can I change my username to "speed-bag"?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
This is what you said, run/bucket/richard:

"...if you start from an address position where the right forearm ISN'T on Plane (which I do), then don't you HAVE TO Shift?..."

Then I—Brian Manzella—said this:

"...Let me ask you this...if you start from an address position where the right forearm is on plane, could you be on the elbow plane at address?"

Then you run/bucket/richard, said this:

"...You'd have to have a lot of knee bend and waist bend wouldn't you?"

So let me ask you this:

Where did you get all of the above from—the book?

Status
Not open for further replies.