Turned shoulder plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the noob question, but from what point are you drawing a straight plane line from the elbow at the top?

Not sure I understand what your asking...the straight plane line is being traced but the plane is being shifted from the TSP to the elbow plane which is where most players start from

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Regardless of what Peter Kostis says...

A Plane Line is like the GUTTER on a roof.

The PITCH of that roof is the PLANE ANGLE.

I thought I'd combine this thread with the older one, since it is very close to being the same topic.

Downswing

<<So wherever your right shoulder IS at the top, you draw that line to the ball and that IS the TSP, because to utilize the right shoulder and hands consistant with the TSP concept, that's all you need.>>

*A single shift to the TSP-the right shoulder and hands (PP3) come down the TSP?
*A double shift back to the elbow plane-The hands return to the elbow plane and the right shoulder traces the TSP?

Brian, I would guess that golfers below the TSP at the top tend to have shorter strokes? Also, do you think it's easier to come into the ball from the inside if you're below the TSP?

So, is getting on the TSP a question of how far you swing back and a consequence of how much space there is between the right triceps and the ribs?

So, is getting on the TSP a question of how far you swing back and a consequence of how much space there is between the right triceps and the ribs?

Could you potentially be on your way to the TSP but decide to make a shorter backswing and therefore not quite make it?

There are obviously some backswing that despite their best efforts aren't ever going to get to the TSP but others as Leo suggested that might well have made it but for stopping before the End and nearer Top?

Genius!

A Plane Line is like the GUTTER on a roof.

The PITCH of that roof is the PLANE ANGLE.

I thought I'd combine this thread with the older one, since it is very close to being the same topic.

One quote, one word, one video from the man...

Can you believe how lucky we are to have this source of Knowledge like this forum and The Man standing in front...
Thanks again

Ok so that's my question also...

<<So wherever your right shoulder IS at the top, you draw that line to the ball and that IS the TSP, because to utilize the right shoulder and hands consistant with the TSP concept, that's all you need.>>

*A single shift to the TSP-the right shoulder and hands (PP3) come down the TSP?
*A double shift back to the elbow plane-The hands return to the elbow plane and the right shoulder traces the TSP?

I've finally understood the Turned shoulder plane concept after a search and reading like 20 pages on this subject but just one part of that is missing, The Downswing!

What happens on the downswing with the shoulder/hands Clubshaft on that TURNED SHOULDER PLANELINE?

At IMPACT I have my clubshaft and elbow on ELOBOWPLANE and the right shoulder on the TURNED SHOULDER PLANE, so is it a Doubleshift?
Where is the reference for this?
at the Top/Transition/halfway/Impact?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.