Twist away helps, but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
........seems to inhibit the release, the uncocking into the ball at impact...

Am I overdoing it, change in grip? Any other advice appreciated

EdZ

New
Add extensor action until you have a flat left wrist, and use a neutral grip. Let the club feel 'heavy' while it SWINGS - smooooooth tempo

Edz-

Probably not the right topic, but, as a swinger, do you feel an immediated in, up, and back, or more of a back, then up and in, on your backswing?

Also, does your swing feel more "rounded" or do you go from steep, flatten it out, then swing through?

Thanks

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by 300Drive

Edz-

Probably not the right topic, but, as a swinger, do you feel an immediated in, up, and back, or more of a back, then up and in, on your backswing?

Also, does your swing feel more "rounded" or do you go from steep, flatten it out, then swing through?

Thanks

"my" trend is to get too inside and flat, so I focus on my HANDS moving straight back and straight through along a line at the balls of my feet and after startup swivel on an "up". I "open the gate" (swinger's startup swivel - horizontal hinge) and go "up the wall", then "down the wall" (uncock) and "close the gate" (swivel and horizontal hinge and swivel)

I also tend to focus on a 'left shoulder under the chin' move to keep my 'up' feel.

These are my particular images, for my particular pattern/trends so use with a grain of salt.

See Mike Weir's startup waggle for an example of what I mean by "open the gate". He is a 'classic' swinger, as is Phil M.

It is your ingrained feeling of release which has brought you here seeking answers to improvement. The first year incubating twistaway and release gave me the same confusion. A properly released club is one properly sequenced with the body, which to a newbie, feels like a bunt, or no release. Stay with it, your close to nirvana. In the words of Ben Doyle on tape #66, to a student, "If you knew how perfect you are, you'd be better."

"1st Year incubating twistaway and release"-----------I'm attempting to speed the process up a little.......lol

Nirvana to much is much like a vice (name the one you like best), but i need and want it asap.......

Is this something that can be described or expounded on further? Is there a spot in prev. released Video, or mini-vid's that I have all purchd' that would show and detail this?

Status
Not open for further replies.