Type of grip=Most wrist hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of grip promotes the most wrist hinge? I'm having trouble getting the right wrist to hinge fully and wonder if maybe I need to tweak my grip. Currently, its slightly strong.

JRJ

New
wristy

Speaking of the wrists...what would you tell a student who was very wristy. People say my swing is very wristy. Why is this bad?

No idea on grip, but to JRJ:

Get "Confessions of a former Flipper" and all will be revealed. :D

From someone who was a bad everything, but particlarly a bad slicer with NO distance (150m 3 Iron) :eek: and a deep early left pointing divot, I can say without a doubt the info in that video is worth gold. :D

And if you can, get somone to video your swing if you don't believe those who "say you are very wristy".
I didn't believe them either, and once I saw it I was stunned!!

Thanks for hijacking my thread.
Your wrists are not your problem, scooping is your problem. Hit down on the ball and avoid the wristies.
Speaking of the wrists...what would you tell a student who was very wristy. People say my swing is very wristy. Why is this bad?

JRJ

New
my bad

ok, i'm sorry now back to the original question:

What type of grip promotes the most wrist hinge? I'm having trouble getting the right wrist to hinge fully and wonder if maybe I need to tweak my grip. Currently, its slightly strong.

Flatpro,

The closer your right thumbpad is to your left index finger knuckle, the less right hand "cupping" you will get when your left wrist is flat..With a strong l/hand grip this is the case..
If you were to weaken the left hand grip, the corresponding "top position" would give you more right hand/wrist cupping (with a flat left wrist).....

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Ok....

Here ya go:

Wrist Cock is a perpendicular motion, wrist bend is a horizontal motion, and then there is rotational motion.

Hinge is something that a door does, that Homer Kelley used as a METAPHOR for the rotational motion of the left wrist through impact.

Years later the term was RIPPED OFF by instructors who wanted to sound like they know what they are talking about.

So...

What are YOU asking flapro, now that we have some common terms?

Never mind, seems there is another agenda on your part. Forget about it.

Here ya go:

Wrist Cock is a perpendicular motion, wrist bend is a horizontal motion, and then there is rotational motion.

Hinge is something that a door does, that Homer Kelley used as a METAPHOR for the rotational motion of the left wrist through impact.

Years later the term was RIPPED OFF by instructors who wanted to sound like they know what they are talking about.

So...

What are YOU asking flapro, now that we have some common terms?

Simple question was asked and further I added and I know how the left wrist and right wrist work, I stated the left cocks(that means up and down) and the right wrist hinges(that means back and forth) but despite my stating this, still no answer.
I don't know why I bothered. No further discussion is needed, I am deleting your site and will consult teachers who respect and value a student's question.
Thanks much.
Agenda?

I just want to know if you mean BEND BACK, or COCK UP.

A or B?

Don't let the door hit you in the .....

You seem to be the only one to think your question made any sense....Brian tried to help you and to clarify what you were asking, but as per usual you acted like a complete a$$hole.

I really hope you keep your vow to disappear from Brian's site (I believe you "quit" once before), you won't be missed.

Wow........Just Wow

Simple question was asked and further I added and I know how the left wrist and right wrist work, I stated the left cocks(that means up and down) and the right wrist hinges(that means back and forth) but despite my stating this, still no answer.
I don't know why I bothered. No further discussion is needed, I am deleting your site and will consult teachers who respect and value a student's question.
Thanks much.

Panties too tight this morning?

Man.......we are going to miss your insightful contributions........

Not

Haha, brian is blunt... but come on dude... the silent treatment?..... really?

brian has the answers to all the golf woahs, trust me, i have looked in all directions, he is the holly grail....

see you on the course hacking!

Thanks much.

Brian is 100% correct. Correct terms are the only way to avoid confusion and be precise. I too was wondering what your question was exactly, and I don't have any agenda for sure.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Whatever...

Listen "pro,"

Most in pop-instruction-land use COCK and HINGE as synonymous terms.

I am sorry if I came across a little rough. I just HATE terms that were "born" out of BS,

But—using my definitions—if you want more right wrist COCK, then you want a really STRONG right hand grip. If you want BEND, then a weaker right hand will do the trick.

Thanks much.

Ughhhh well that was weird. Back to our regular scheduled programming...

hcw

New
Deja Vu

Thanks much

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98154&postcount=8

...didn't last before, probably won't again...

Status
Not open for further replies.