Upper left arm connection at address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At address, the left elbow pit should be facing skyward, to some extent, but where should the connection of the upper arm and upper torso happen?

Should the tricep be more "on top" of the left pectoral muscle, or should the inside of the upper left be pressed more against the rib cage (beside the left pec)?

Is this more of a preference, or is one or the other more orthodox?

I have always been an "on top of the left pec," and I think this may be a contributor to why my armswing in the backswing isn't very good.

At address, the left elbow pit should be facing skyward, to some extent, but where should the connection of the upper arm and upper torso happen?

Should the tricep be more "on top" of the left pectoral muscle, or should the inside of the upper left be pressed more against the rib cage (beside the left pec)?

Is this more of a preference, or is one or the other more orthodox?

I have always been an "on top of the left pec," and I think this may be a contributor to why my armswing in the backswing isn't very good.

I've actually wondered the exact same thing. Sometimes I hit the ball well with either one. I am more often "on top" which, for a lot of reasons, I'm starting to think is wrong. Is it possible or maybe even advisable for the tricep to NOT be firmly planted and move from the side to more on top as the swing progresses, then back at impact? Some other variation?

Just let the arms hang down from the shoulders, left tricep on Pec? That sounds very arkward.

I guess it's not exactly on top of the pec, but the inside of my left tricep isn't against my ribcage, it's rotated over the outside of my left pec.

S

SteveT

It depends on your "body type"... endomorph, mesomorph or ectomorph. It's all in the LAWs of the Golf Swing book and matching your golfswing to your body type.

Rob Neal did an excellent presentation on the left shoulder at the WSCG a few months ago. One thing i got from that talk is that it's not nearly as important what it's doing at address as what it's doing in transition and through impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.