Vegas baby, Vegas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool video. I'm surprised at how much his head stays over the ball, although that might partially explain why he hits cuts. I like that he's a bomber who fades the ball. He has an advantage over a guy like Dustin Johnson, who is comparably long but has a tendency to hit overdraws or big pushes. I expect big things out of Vegas.

I was at torrey and watched both during practice, Dustin is much longer then almost everybody except Bubba. He was 30-60 farther on all the par fives. I was blown away how long he was..

I was at torrey and watched both during practice, Dustin is much longer then almost everybody except Bubba. He was 30-60 farther on all the par fives. I was blown away how long he was..

I stand corrected on the comparable distance part, though not on the overdraws and pushes. Dustin is no doubt a specimen, I have seen him live but have only seen Vegas on television.

I stand corrected on the comparable distance part, though not on the overdraws and pushes. Dustin is no doubt a specimen, I have seen him live but have only seen Vegas on television.

I agree with you that pushes and draws will be a problem when his timing is off. You can see the right hand become very active trying to square the face with the driver.. So much so that you see the butt of the club from behind very soon after impact and an extreme crossing over of the hands.. Will this swing work? Yes, however it will fail like it did at the hope on 18th. His swing is so close that I expect him to be able to overcome most of his misses with the fact that he is confident and motivated. What I mean by that is he seems to deal with the pressure very well... This guy is a rookie and will only get better, however he can have a phil moment were he wants a tournament so bad that the self induced pressure will be so great that his timing move will cost him the tournament. If he were to work on his pivot and arm run then the sky is the limit for this guy...

By the way very friendly guy and truly is having the time of his life. I followed the south american practice foursome at torrey and his fun loving spirit was infectous.... Great to see some other regions invade the tours...

The korean men should make an invasion soon much like the women have. I think the physical limitations are becoming less of an issue and expect great players to start popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.