Vertical Clubface

Status
Not open for further replies.
When seeking to produce a 0* Clubface to Path during impact, I have begun setting the clubface so that if I lift it up right between my eyes, the scoring lines are vertical to the ground. So if I set-up with my stance line parallel to my intended Plane Line, then the clubface is closed to the horizontal alignment during impact required for a descending Attack Angle, and open for an ascending AA. This goes against the conventional wisdom of setting the clubface at address in the horizontal alignment intended for impact. But for me, I find that I have a good feel for returing the clubface square/vertical to the inclined plane during impact if I set it vertical to the ground or "sqaure to me" at address. Somewhat unconventional, but a potentially more effective way to align and control the clubface?

hp12c

New
When seeking to produce a 0* Clubface to Path during impact, I have begun setting the clubface so that if I lift it up right between my eyes, the scoring lines are vertical to the ground. So if I set-up with my stance line parallel to my intended Plane Line, then the clubface is closed to the horizontal alignment during impact required for a descending Attack Angle, and open for an ascending AA. This goes against the conventional wisdom of setting the clubface at address in the horizontal alignment intended for impact. But for me, I find that I have a good feel for returing the clubface square/vertical to the inclined plane during impact if I set it vertical to the ground or "sqaure to me" at address. Somewhat unconventional, but a potentially more effective way to align and control the clubface?

Todd,

? how do you pick up the golf club? Not trying to be a smart a$$, I thinkn I know but I dont want to assume, u know what happens when something is assumed
Art

HP, I just raise my arms straight up until the clubface is at eye level.
Like Jack does here. Looks like the Golden Bear viewed the clubface alignment primarily in relation to the body,also.

hp12c

New
HP, I just raise my arms straight up until the clubface is at eye level.
Like Jack does here. Looks like the Golden Bear viewed the clubface alignment primarily in relation to the body,also.

Thanks Todd,

I thought thats what u were were talking about but just needed to be sure.
Art

Status
Not open for further replies.