Weakening My Grip......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the right hand. Get it neutral in the left hand first. There is no way you look like this:

screenshot024t.jpg

Yes, this^^^. Then you will have to learn the correct hand swivel. I know you're not a slicer, but learning some of or most of the NSA swivel will help a ton. It is tough to relearn different movement patterns! If you can, get to Brian or one of the Manzella instructors.

Dariusz J.

The problem most people are not aware of is how to define neutral. Anatomy dictates that entirely "flat" wrist is not neutral and the lead hand never ever should match the clubface to be neutral. Anopther thing is that one needs to know the correlation between how high/low the hands are at setup and what is really weak/neutral/strong. Hogan knew this very well.

Cheers

dbl

New
Darius, I can't argue the biomechanics, but the picture of Manzella is showing the "Manzella neutral" left hand position. I think Brian has said neutral is, at least by the industry's standards a little stronger, but again I don't know what your view of the biomechanics would say.

But for the point of the OP's grip situation, the "Manzella neutral" grip can be used to learn clubface control and other swing aspects.

edit: oops, meant can't above.

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

Darius, I can argue the biomechanics, but the picture of Manzella is showing the "Manzella neutral" left hand position. I think Brian has said neutral is, at least by the industry's standards a little stronger, but again I don't know what your view of the biomechanics would say.

But for the point of the OP's grip situation, the "Manzella neutral" grip can be used to learn clubface control and other swing aspects.

Yes, it is more "true neutral" than "flat pseudoneutral".

Cheers

I get wear marks in the exact same spots. I played without a glove for a long time but I had to give it a break because the thumb started to get dry and cracked. I was wondering the same thing.

natep

New
My gloves all look exactly like that. I thought it might be because I have a tendency to let go of the club a bit with my left pinky at the top of the swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.